Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Insults Usage
 |  Printable Version
Awesome Fred
 Wednesday, January 26 2011 @ 01:08 AM UTC (Read 4417 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I am opening up this topic purely because I thought it's a good feedback question:

How often do you use insults as a regular method of combat?

Once I got to 100 skill in all three insult types, I pretty much stopped using them. Classy I would use every now and then.

Most fights, I try to burn the enemy down and move to the next one, so I use Automatic Fighting. Insults do one round at a time.
The benefits of using Coarse or Confusing Insults are visible but don't seem strong enough to merit me fighting one round at a time with them as opposed to the Automatic Fighting.

What say you?

Profile Email
Matthew
 Wednesday, January 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Pretty much in the same boat as you. I trained the three of them up to 100 in Cuthbert's and pretty much never touched them again, except for the occasional use of Classy because it's funny.

Insults: not particularly useful, but amusing!

I'd probably use them a lot more if we could do automatic fighting with them.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Wednesday, January 26 2011 @ 05:44 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I don't do timed fighting, so Classy Insults are my ace in the hole for those moments when I need a little something extra in a fight.

Profile Email
Maniak
 Wednesday, January 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I don't use them at all, because I have a low level in them and usually fumble. I have no interest in doing anything about it either, since grinding is boring and using it in the wild is dangerous for me.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
dizzyizzy
 Wednesday, January 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Maniak

I don't use them at all, because I have a low level in them and usually fumble. I have no interest in doing anything about it either, since grinding is boring and using it in the wild is dangerous for me.

Go use 'em on a titan.

I use them, whenever I'm not feeling lazy. I'd use them a lot more if there was a "confusing to the death" button.

Profile Email
Wongo the Sane
 Wednesday, January 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I used to use it all the time back when I was Plasma Gunning things; same as Sessine - Timed Combat is annoying so it's reserved for stuff in the factory, maybe the cages and my Dojo masters if it's a bad Joker Day and I actually want to win.

Now, I use the surprise damage weapons a lot more. I still throw out a confusing insult if it looks like my opponent won't fall to angry cats/devastator bullets before the combat round starts, but often you know it's going to be a waste of stamina.

Profile Email
LadyRavenSkye
 Wednesday, January 26 2011 @ 01:12 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I use the insults with my character that doesn't like fighting. It's not in his person to fight and it makes more sense for him to insult his enemies to death than beat them to death.
I'm a bit weird, and like my characters' stats to match how I RP them.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Wednesday, January 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I used insults up to level 5 or so, when I felt I'd seen all the combinations (Or at least, could guess what the rest were). I've realized that you actually get a sample of them when you train in Cuthbert's, so it doesn't really matter now - I can see the amusing part of them six times every time I train. As others have said, I probably won't touch them once I've got 100 skill in them, since doing combat one round at a time really slows things down.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Makiwa
 Thursday, January 27 2011 @ 06:20 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I use them - a lot. But then I'm not one for spamming fights. I usually make use of everything that's to hand timed, target, insults, bombs more! more! what else is there...

Yeah I make a lot of noise in the jungle Smile

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Profile Email Website
Scorpio
 Friday, January 28 2011 @ 07:23 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Insults? Use em every chance I get, including when I go play with the Titans! I've even insulted Horatio into submission a time or three. About the only time I won't use them is if there are targets for targeted fighting, or they don't seem to be working and I'm getting beat up really badly using them, then I switch to just bonking the monster over the head with whatever I have.

My character is currently in the number 1 spot on coarse, and on the top page for confusing and classy insults as well as targeted fighting.

Edit: On timed combat, has anybody ever successfully used this on dial-up? I know I can never seem to get a decent chain going on it. I've even run a metronome program in the background ticking once per second to try to nail it, don't know if it is dial-up lag or what.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Friday, January 28 2011 @ 09:50 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Scorpio

Edit: On timed combat, has anybody ever successfully used this on dial-up? I know I can never seem to get a decent chain going on it. I've even run a metronome program in the background ticking once per second to try to nail it, don't know if it is dial-up lag or what.

I'm pretty sure it's based on when the page loads, not when you press the button? So, yes, that would affect it.

edit: I just checked! Apparently, I'm in first place when it comes to Hunting - Normal!

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.97 seconds
New Topic Post Reply