Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Development New Topic Post Reply
 What will and won't be reset in Season Three?
 |  Printable Version
Kallio
 Tuesday, March 08 2011 @ 10:11 PM UTC (Read 2684 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

So, I recently got off my ass and finally started building a Dwelling. Then, as I completed the second room, I had a horrible thought: what if it gets wiped out at the start of Season Three? I might give up on my plan to build a bouncy castle of Dunbernarding proportions if it's going to disappear before I'm finished.
So, will Dwellings be reset? What about character stats? Drive kills? Permanent items, like mementos? If I'm going to be starting everything again from scratch, I'd like to be prepared.

I'm sorry if this has been addressed somewhere before. I did a quick search through the Enquirer and Labs and didn't see anything.

Profile Email
Akogi
 Tuesday, March 08 2011 @ 10:22 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

If it's anything like the reset from Season one to Season two then you would lose your DKs, your stats and anything that would give you an unfair advantage against anyone else. So basically everyone was a rookie again with nothing.

I do know that you were able to keep your supporter points.

The dwellings would have to be decided by CMJ when it comes time for the new season since it would be horrible to see everyone lose the work they put into some of the buildings.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, March 08 2011 @ 10:39 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Season Three is still probably years away, we don't know whether it'll require a reset, and if there is a reset and Dwellings are a part of it, then there'll be an export function so that you can recreate the Dwelling in S3 easily. You'll get back all the Supporter Points you ever had, including the ones you've spent, and you'll be able to spend them again.

Profile Email Website
Kallio
 Tuesday, March 08 2011 @ 10:54 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Season Three is still probably years away, we don't know whether it'll require a reset, and if there is a reset and Dwellings are a part of it, then there'll be an export function so that you can recreate the Dwelling in S3 easily. You'll get back all the Supporter Points you ever had, including the ones you've spent, and you'll be able to spend them again.

That's great, thank you. Smile
Also, years away? Wow. I guess I severely underestimated how much needed to be rewritten.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Wednesday, March 09 2011 @ 12:59 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Season Three is still probably years away [...] You'll get back all the Supporter Points you ever had, including the ones you've spent, and you'll be able to spend them again.

Reeeeeeaaaaaallly? Including the doubled points from not too long ago? That's a lot of points.... I did wonder why there was a running tally in the Lodge.

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Wednesday, March 09 2011 @ 02:36 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I agree, that's a terrifying number of points. I still haven't used more than half of the things I've bought with the points I've earned thus far.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
tehdave
 Wednesday, March 09 2011 @ 03:09 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Beeps

I agree, that's a terrifying number of points. I still haven't used more than half of the things I've bought with the points I've earned thus far.

Looks at his total

Huh...I should be able to just straight out buy a dwelling in S3...
Eek!

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Wednesday, March 09 2011 @ 03:41 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Yeah, like... A secret-room-only Dunbernarding, on day one.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Wednesday, March 09 2011 @ 05:21 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Maybe not on Day One. Given how many people have been around since the start and gotten ridiculous numbers of SP's, I'll probably have to throttle it a bit to keep things fair to the newer players - free up the points at twenty bucks' worth a day, say.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.79 seconds
New Topic Post Reply