Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Favicon suggestion
 |  Printable Version
Beeps
 Tuesday, March 29 2011 @ 11:54 PM UTC (Read 1491 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The current favicon is (I believe), a spiderkitty. I've been trying to figure out the reason for that - There are a number of "____ + cat" species on the island, and the spiderkitties seem to be one of the less-common ones. The only other mention, aside from the monster, is the Prancing SpiderKitty pub.
Algus recently used the full Chronosphere image as his buddy icon, which popped up on my taskbar because Pidgin's fun like that. My immediate reaction was, "Oh, man, that's a cool icon." This is neither a bug nor a feature request, and simply a design comment - if the II Icon (Herein the "III", or "Eeeeeeeeeeeeee") ever gets changed, I'd like to throw the Full Chronosphere image in for consideration.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Wednesday, March 30 2011 @ 12:39 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Beeps

There are a number of "____ + cat" species on the island, and the spiderkitties seem to be one of the less-common ones.

Sir, you miss the point! One can find various and sundry species of cat (mundane and otherwise*) throughout the multiverse, but the spiderkitty exists only on the Island!

*or once-wise

Thank you.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Wednesday, March 30 2011 @ 02:29 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The honest truth is that I have spent full minutes examining the full chronosphere icon and just how perfect the glare and shading is and how that really makes it seem like a 3-dimensional sphere.

The main problem I see with it becoming the favicon is that, frankly, the chronosphere is not iconic within the game itself. It's a shame, actually--I'd love for some story demonstration of how a non-player character uses a chronosphere.

Of course, then that would ruin some people's ways of using it as being non-canon. Some people break it on the ground in front of them, some people squeeze it in their palms, quite a many people pop it into their mouth and swallow it.

And then some think that it starts the day over again and everyone else is doing the same things but you do different things, and some people just go from exhaustion to feeling refreshed again, and some... etc.

The chronosphere's a really cool device but to use it in the game canon would be quite limiting to the creativity that players already have with it.

And since it's not really used too much in the game's stories, I doubt it's a contender for favicon.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.49 seconds
New Topic Post Reply