Forum Index > Places > Places: General New Topic Post Reply
 Places System: Current Progress
 |  Printable Version
Laser Towel
 Friday, August 05 2011 @ 12:34 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: CavemanJoe

So far I have Contrivances made for checking male and female gender.

The code for working through the Logic Grid and firing or aborting the program is DONE! Mr. Green

Now I'm building the ScrapYard from which you'll be getting these awesome thingies. Big Grin

Will there be Contrivances made for checking race as well as gender? Please, please please please say there will... the Pervy Android Fancier would like to know when Robots stop by for a visit so he can react accordingly...

Dent

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, August 05 2011 @ 02:05 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Laser+Towel

The code for working through the Logic Grid and firing or aborting the program is DONE! Mr. Green

Now I'm building the ScrapYard from which you'll be getting these awesome thingies. Big Grin

Will there be Contrivances made for checking race as well as gender? Please, please please please say there will... the Pervy Android Fancier would like to know when Robots stop by for a visit so he can react accordingly...

Yup. Smile

Profile Email Website
Laser Towel
 Friday, August 05 2011 @ 03:47 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Laser+Towel

Yup. Smile

And once again, you have made my day. 8D I am going to have SO much fun with the new system...

Dent

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, August 05 2011 @ 06:48 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Wanna make it rain inside your new Dwelling? You'll be wanting one of these Contraptions, then...

Profile Email Website
Kelwine
 Friday, August 05 2011 @ 07:10 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Rain in my dwelling!? Eeee.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, August 05 2011 @ 07:14 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Thought of a better name for Place Prefs - Memories.

You pay your SP to enable the memory of the very walls. 1,000 SP lets the walls remember one extra thing about each player.

(yeah, it's expensive - but you can be use one Memory to remember a few different things if you're clever and careful. It's expensive because each Memory is a whole shitload of extra data that needs to be kept track of)

Profile Email Website
Swede
 Friday, August 05 2011 @ 08:05 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Reverb

I'm going all "SQEEEEEE!" inside now, imagining all the horrible, horrible things we will be able to do with the hapless victims of the Bingo Hall with this.

I swear, that building is going to EAT people. Which reminds me, can we make the exit links disappear? Aww? Pretty please? *grins* I've always wanted to depopulate the island.

And I already hate Bingo Hall as it is Confused

Profile Email
Sneaky
 Friday, August 05 2011 @ 11:46 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Would you please put in a shared chatspace function between rooms (one or multiple-way)?

Like, say if you wanted paper-thin walls dividing a room, or to speak into an intercom (you'll never know the name, but all colors are mostly intact).

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/560/004/989.gif

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Friday, August 05 2011 @ 02:44 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

There was me planning on using memories with gay abandon. I'm going to have to be clever and careful.

So memories, I'm guessing that they can store a (non-negative) integer. How big can they get?

Profile Email
Reverb
 Friday, August 05 2011 @ 08:11 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Swede

Quote by: Reverb

I'm going all "SQEEEEEE!" inside now, imagining all the horrible, horrible things we will be able to do with the hapless victims of the Bingo Hall with this.

I swear, that building is going to EAT people. Which reminds me, can we make the exit links disappear? Aww? Pretty please? *grins* I've always wanted to depopulate the island.

And I already hate Bingo Hall as it is Confused

Fuh. Honestly? I never fully explored everything after the Great Cataclysm. At least, i'm pretty sure i've missed spots and branch-systems, based on the layout im remembering. Then again, those were based on building levels, and thats all descriptions, so things that went underground before might be on the rooftops now.

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Swede
 Saturday, August 06 2011 @ 02:33 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well hate might be too much, severe dislike then. Smile
And I once did explore it completely. All logic seems gone from it.
There are rooms just for the sake off adding more rooms.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but bigger isn't always better. Wink

But I agree, if there is one place which should eat contestants, it is Bingo Hall

Sorry for getting this off-topic.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Sunday, August 07 2011 @ 03:55 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Swede

I can't believe I'm saying this, but bigger isn't always better. Wink

Lies! Damned LIES!

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, August 09 2011 @ 06:41 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

There's a little preview at http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta for you - this isn't ready by any means, but it shows at least some of the concepts we're gonna be working with (and proof that I've actually been doing something these past two months).

Profile Email Website
Reverb
 Tuesday, August 09 2011 @ 11:38 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Either i'm being stupid, or it gets stuck on implant selection. (Seeing as you cannot log in with an old character due to missing text box)

At this time of day, both are about equally possible. mMmNhh. Coffee...

Profile Email
Trex
 Tuesday, August 09 2011 @ 02:54 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Just to say, I am also having the same problem with Firefox 5, IE 9 and Chrome.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Tuesday, August 09 2011 @ 03:38 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

White background.

You have one or more errors in your template page!
You do not have {title} defined in your header
You do not have {headscript} defined in your header
You do not have {script} defined in your header
You do not have {nav} defined in either your header or footer
You do not have {stats} defined in either your header or footer
You do not have {petition} defined in either your header or footer
You do not have {motd} defined in either your header or footer
You do not have {mail} defined in either your header or footer
You do not have {paypal} defined in either your header or footer
You do not have {source} defined in either your header or footer
You do not have {version} defined in either your header or footer
You do not have {copyright} defined in either your header or footer
You do not have {copyright} defined in either your header or footer
How did I end up here?

It's a question that you must have asked yourself at one point in your life or another...

There's quite a lot more at the end of the page, but my guess is, if you fix the (probably simple) common cause for these messages, the rest of it will work, too.

Edited to add: This link did work -- after logging out of the main Island, and switching to the purple skin:

http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/home.php?op=timeout

You will get an error message if you were inside a dwelling when the snapshot was taken (Module improbablehousing is not installed, but was attempted to be injected), and then you'll find yourself in IC.

Profile Email
Fox Kelfonne
 Tuesday, August 09 2011 @ 08:36 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

So, I apologize if this is not the right place to bring this up and whatnot, but pertaining to dwellings and the upcoming semi-cataclysm, I was sort of given a dwelling by an account that no longer exists. I have a master key, and for all intents and purposes, I control it and run the place. However, on the raw data, the "ownedBy" flag is certainly not the same as my own personally built dwelling.

When it comes to rebuild everything, am I just going to have to use whatever bonuses I might have leftover from my own dwelling and whatnot in order to rebuild this one? For that matter, am I still going to have a master-key level control of this place after the conversion, or can it be sorted out via petition ahead of time?

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Tuesday, August 09 2011 @ 09:06 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Fox+Kelfonne

So, I apologize if this is not the right place to bring this up and whatnot, but pertaining to dwellings and the upcoming semi-cataclysm, I was sort of given a dwelling by an account that no longer exists. I have a master key, and for all intents and purposes, I control it and run the place. However, on the raw data, the "ownedBy" flag is certainly not the same as my own personally built dwelling.

When it comes to rebuild everything, am I just going to have to use whatever bonuses I might have leftover from my own dwelling and whatnot in order to rebuild this one? For that matter, am I still going to have a master-key level control of this place after the conversion, or can it be sorted out via petition ahead of time?

I have no idea what's going to happen after the conversion. It's not going to be as clean as I'd hoped; I'm expecting a lot of loose ends that I will have to clean up manually before we're back to where we should be. But if you (or anyone else in this situation) will contact me now, I can arrange for reasonable dwelling transfers to happen.

Profile Email
Fox Kelfonne
 Wednesday, August 10 2011 @ 12:37 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Quote by: Fox+Kelfonne

I have no idea what's going to happen after the conversion. It's not going to be as clean as I'd hoped; I'm expecting a lot of loose ends that I will have to clean up manually before we're back to where we should be. But if you (or anyone else in this situation) will contact me now, I can arrange for reasonable dwelling transfers to happen.

Alright, thanks. I'll send a distraction about it soon.

On the more interested side of all this, will there be a way to poll for server time, or perhaps a day number or something like that? I had always thought of the bar in the IDK clan halls as having a rotating crew of Kittymorph NPCs manning the bar, and if I could switch the description of who's working based on it being a different day. (Even if it's just Day 1, Day 2, etc and resets every real day), it'd make it really easy to do this.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Wednesday, August 10 2011 @ 09:11 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

All right, you'll notice there's a test server up and you'll notice that some things that didn't work this afternoon now do work, and you'll also notice that it's half five in the morning and I'm very tired, so I'm going to bed. 'night all!

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 1.68 seconds
New Topic Post Reply