Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Places > Places: Programming Help New Topic Post Reply
 Locking Doors and Hiding Pages
 |  Printable Version
Onigiri
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 08:54 AM UTC (Read 1846 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

So I have changing rooms that I want to lock if you're not the proper Gender. I set up a grid

Contrivance: Male- M
Contraption: Lock Door- L

M ( ) ( )
L ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( )

Except I can still access the Ladies Changing room. I've tried every configuration I can think of but can't get it to work, same for the vice versa changing room.

Hiding Pages is also tricking me. I want to hide a page if someone doesn't have a memento. So I set up a Player Does Not Have a Memento(M) contrivance and a Hide Page Link(H) Contraption as follows.

M ( ) ( )
H ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( )

Pleeeeeaaaase help if it's not a Bug.

You see, there are Librarians and then there are Librarians.

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 10:20 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Onigiri

So I have changing rooms that I want to lock if you're not the proper Gender. I set up a grid

Contrivance: Male- M
Contraption: Lock Door- L

M ( ) ( )
L ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( )

Except I can still access the Ladies Changing room. I've tried every configuration I can think of but can't get it to work, same for the vice versa changing room.

Hiding Pages is also tricking me. I want to hide a page if someone doesn't have a memento. So I set up a Player Does Not Have a Memento(M) contrivance and a Hide Page Link(H) Contraption as follows.

M ( ) ( )
H ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( )

Pleeeeeaaaase help if it's not a Bug.

You can't lock yourself out of a room you have a key to. Have you tried with an alt?

Profile Email
Sonny
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 10:22 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

It's probably a stupid thing to ask, but have you tested it yourself or with someone without the privileges a place owner has?
I think you yourself wouldn't be affected as owner of the place.
You could also try the debug mode. There you can see if one of the C&Cs or their configuration doesn't work.

ETA: Or what he said^^

Profile Email
Fox Kelfonne
 Tuesday, September 13 2011 @ 04:40 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Locking doors with a contraption does seem bugged. I set up a room with a chat command to lock a door, debugging says it fires correctly, but the door remains unlocked. Even tested this on an alt that doesn't have master building permission, and it still doesn't work.

UPDATE: Upon further inspection, I manually locked the door first, then manually unlocked it again, and all of a sudden my contraptions worked on it.

Profile Email
Onigiri
 Tuesday, September 13 2011 @ 06:26 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Fox+Kelfonne

Locking doors with a contraption does seem bugged. I set up a room with a chat command to lock a door, debugging says it fires correctly, but the door remains unlocked. Even tested this on an alt that doesn't have master building permission, and it still doesn't work.

UPDATE: Upon further inspection, I manually locked the door first, then manually unlocked it again, and all of a sudden my contraptions worked on it.

I did this too and now I can't get into the Women's changing room with a male character, which is good...

You see, there are Librarians and then there are Librarians.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, September 13 2011 @ 07:03 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

A lot of bugs related to Contraptions were caused by the roomid not being set correctly when you first entered a Place. Sorted now, which should also sort this issue.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.51 seconds
New Topic Post Reply