Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Small problem with the quests...
 |  Printable Version
Darcy
 Thursday, September 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM UTC (Read 2522 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

So, I was terribly excited about the new Watcher quest since I'm rather fond of the character. I had finished (so I thought) all the pre-reqs to activate it! But it never popped up and after asking people how to activate it (and blowing half my chronospheres)... the problem became (possibly?) clear.
Apparently there's a small discrepancy with the quest 'lines', so to speak. I had misclicked during the Stranger quest and ended up fleeing accidentally at the second-to-last dialogue screen. Disappointing, yes, but I had already seen it on a now non-existent alt, so I shrugged it off and hoped it wouldn't hurt anything in the future. But, as it turns out, it might have. After some investigation, general consensus seems to be that my fumbling on the Stranger quest might have taken away my ability to see the Watcher quest! Is this really so?

And if it's the case... could we maybe have a failsafe for this accident? New players who don't understand the importance of following through on all the quests might intentionally click away because it's what their character would do. Or, they might be like me and be very clumsy. I know I could always make a new character just to see the quest (after some grinding DKs later, probably) but I prefer to play through the quests on my main. It's story progression, in a way! And worse, I'm worried about missing out on future quests just because of that blasted Stranger one! So, again, maybe we could have a do-over of the Stranger quest if we (accidentally or not) ran away? Or maybe not have it influence your ability to trigger new quests?

Because I'd love to be able to see this quests (and future ones) but it looks like I might have unintentionally ruined it. Frown

Profile Email
Swede
 Friday, September 30 2011 @ 06:58 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I had the same.
A sense of selfpreservation is not encouraged on the island Laughing Out Loud

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, September 30 2011 @ 07:27 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin