Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Activating Next Story Event
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: Sorleia
 Friday, October 21 2011 @ 03:19 PM UTC (Read 1668 times)  

Hello all. I hope this is in the right place, because it didn't really seem like this fit in in any of the forums.

I've seen some people say on the forums that they know they have done the pre-requisites for the next story event. Is there some list of things to do between each event to activate the next? My two main interests are the story and chatting with the people around here, so while I do enjoy just grinding away DKs, I would like to know what I'm working towards.

Thank you!

-Sorleia

Friday, October 21 2011 @ 03:41 PM UTC  

Sorry for double-post, but after I posted I realized this might be one of those "taboo" topics. If it is, just ignore this topic. If it isn't, just ignore this post. XD

Buddleia
 Friday, October 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I don't think there's an official list (except in the labyrinthine depths of CMJ's coding, where none but admins and programmers dare tread). The prerequisites for some quests have been worked out by players comparing if/when the options appeared.

Votes, please - would it be in the public interest for us all to try and compile a list of what quest needs what - or would that just encourage people to charge on through everything else with a "Must Achieve Quest" mindset and potentially miss out on other things?

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
 Friday, October 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM UTC  

I would like to see a list, although that is probably obvious seeing as I asked for the apparently non-existant list in this topic. I'd definitely be willing to offer information on what I've done so far. Gotta start jogging my memory of the order that some of it happened...

While some people might get a "Must Achieve Quest" mindset, I don't think that would be too much of a problem with this audience. I haven't been here all that long though, so I guess I can't say for certain.

talkydoor
 Friday, October 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I am all for making a list so people know how not to cut themselves off from future plot, BUT

This definitely comes under the heading of Spoilers. So could it be hidden on a Google Docs or somewhere accessible only through a link? I say this because this is the kind of thing I click on out of curiosity, and only then realise I've just ruined the ending for myself. Smile

Profile Email
Maniak
 Saturday, December 03 2011 @ 11:24 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well, I made the list. It was beautiful. It contained every story-quest I could think of, categorized by type and prerequisites. Fact-checked and accompanied by the date it was first released. Ebenezer would've been proud.

Then, as I hit submit, something happened. The CRT screen crackled in front of my eyes, THUNK'ed like it was degaussed. The perfectly straight lines of my diagrams twisted and bended to an unfamiliar cursive scrawl, started forming words. Facts became lies, dates became ducks and quests I hadn't even heard of before started adding themselves.

I.. I can't explain it. Here's what's left of it. I salvaged what I could, as best I could. See if you can make any sense out of it.

http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=quests

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.32 seconds
New Topic Post Reply