Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Feature Request- HoF DKs by Rank
 |  Printable Version
Clueless
 Thursday, November 10 2011 @ 11:34 PM UTC (Read 3338 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

As it says on the Tin- A HoF Page of DKs by rank.

Why?

Because some of us want to compare how much we like pain!

Profile Email
Maniak
 Friday, November 11 2011 @ 07:24 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Ahoy! I very much agree. Or a HoF-entry for Rank Average.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
dizzyizzy
 Saturday, November 12 2011 @ 02:50 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Yes! And maybe average DK rank per clan.

Profile Email
Sneaky
 Sunday, November 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I'd be against this one. Drive kills and action levels can be attained and accounted for. They only go up subconsciously, rising no matter how you play (but rising faster with effort).

Rank averages are constantly in flux; you can never go back and 'repair' a low rank for playing the game on an easier mode.

You could say "we could have been planning from the get go" but i've known people who have started /long/ before an eighth rank was introduced. I'm one of them. (I even remember a 'ninth' rank briefly existing).

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/560/004/989.gif

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Sunday, November 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Maybe not rank average then, but would 'Most rank 7s' and 'Most bastard ranks' be of interest then?
I wouldn't look at it much myself, I'm just throwing the idea out there.

Profile Email
Sneaky
 Sunday, November 13 2011 @ 10:43 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

Maybe not rank average then, but would 'Most rank 7s' and 'Most bastard ranks' be of interest then?

Same problem I outlined.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/560/004/989.gif

Profile Email
tehdave
 Monday, November 14 2011 @ 08:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Sneaky

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

Same problem I outlined.

I disagree. The average includes all ranks, this would only include difficult ranks. The real problem with it is back before you picked your rank upon coming back, you used to be able to be "rank 0" until you entered the Jungle, whereupon you would select your rank. Many players would take this time to go crate hunting and get their equipment before setting off on a Rank 7 or Bastard Rank run. Hell, you could just wander and kill monsters until you hit 15, then go set your rank to 7 or Bastard* and up your rank that way. So not all 7s or Bastards might be "true" 7-runs or Bastard runs.

*- Alternatively, if you were clever, you could just wait until the Drive hunted you down and DK without setting a rank. As some events used to drop you into the Jungle on worldspaces from time to time, a Rank 0 used to be considered one of the more difficult things you could accomplish, as you had to have the RNG on your side.

HOWEVER

I like the idea of a "Weighted DKs" HoF entry. So your number could never actually decrease, but maybe, each time you DK, your WDK number goes up by the rank you just completed. Like the rest of the HoF, it would be something that you either pay attention to, or don't.

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Tuesday, November 15 2011 @ 03:11 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'd be against this one. Drive kills and action levels can be attained and accounted for. They only go up subconsciously, rising no matter how you play (but rising faster with effort).

Rank averages are constantly in flux; you can never go back and 'repair' a low rank for playing the game on an easier mode.

You could say "we could have been planning from the get go" but i've known people who have started /long/ before an eighth rank was introduced. I'm one of them. (I even remember a 'ninth' rank briefly existing).

Of course you can repair a low rank. Play more high ranks. Not a single person can ever hit a perfect 7.00 average DK rank anyway, because the first playthrough is always on Rank 1. Although, I guess the perfect is higher than 7.00 due to Bastards...

If you look at Fastest Drive Kills, that's kinda unrepairable. As you gain more and more DKs, it takes more and more exp in order to level up each level, so after a certain point, it's just impossible to get a 1-day DK. But we're not removing Fasted Drive Kills.

If it's really that irksome, we can also do a Last 20 Drivekills score. That way, your easymode ones will fall off as you keep DKing at the rank 7 or whatever, so we'll have plenty of people at perfect 7.00s dominating the charts.

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Wednesday, November 30 2011 @ 11:24 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Awesome+Fred
Not a single person can ever hit a perfect 7.00 average DK rank anyway, because the first playthrough is always on Rank 1. Although, I guess the perfect is higher than 7.00 due to Bastards...[/p]

Unless Bastards don't count as 8, then you actually can get a 7. A Rank 1, a Rank 7 and six Bastards.

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Thursday, December 01 2011 @ 01:16 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Of course you can repair a low rank. Play more high ranks. Not a single person can ever hit a perfect 7.00 average DK rank anyway, because the first playthrough is always on Rank 1. Although, I guess the perfect is higher than 7.00 due to Bastards...

Just wanna point out you just told a guy sitting at a 7.54 average rank that nobody's ever hit 7.00. Wink

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Thursday, December 01 2011 @ 04:08 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh, I honestly had no idea that Bastards did count towards the average--I had believed that Bastards didn't count to the average, since I always associated it as "not rank 8, it's rank bastard!".

In that case, no one can ever get a perfect 8.00 Wink

Profile Email
tehdave
 Monday, December 05 2011 @ 03:22 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh, I honestly had no idea that Bastards did count towards the average--I had believed that Bastards didn't count to the average, since I always associated it as "not rank 8, it's rank bastard!".

In that case, no one can ever get a perfect 8.00 Wink

They can get very close though.
And one thing that's not around that a system like this would have to take into account (if it was by ALL DKs) is Rank 0 DKs. Can't do 'em anymore, but people have them.

I'd be in favor of "DKs by rank - last 20" or something like that...

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.05 seconds
New Topic Post Reply