Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Survey?
 |  Printable Version
Twosocks Monkey
 Thursday, December 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM UTC (Read 2464 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

So I've only been around about a year, which I know isn't too long but I had an idea/question (kick me if someone has already done this or redirect me to the right thread would you?)

Would it be useful to have a survey of Islanders?

Questions like...

How they found the Island? (website, word of mouth what have you)

Why they spend money on the Island?

What they like about the Island? (you know, is it canon they like, or hot kittypr0n action or whathaveyou)

How much time they RP or 'purely game?' (or percentages of both?)

How much time they spend on Island? (weeks, days, hours you know)

Whether they prefer coffee or tea?

(I'm sure there's room for more questions. Those are just the ones I was thinking about.)

I'm not the sorta person who knows how to make surveys, but I KNOW there are a lot of people who CAN. And many of them are helpful sorts...

Anywho, just thinking thoughts about helping CMJ make money and/or get some interesting feedback from his wittle 'citizens/slaves'.

PS: To clarify, I'm not suggesting we do any sort of survey in order to make changes. The impetus behind the idea is simply to potentially get some feedback from people that may help say, CMJ pick or focus on certain markets for advertising, or help him with information on why people spend money on the island etc.

PPS: I'm also definitely NOT suggesting we have an impromptu survey in the forums. This we've done randomly throughout. I was thinking more of something that someone fancy like Sessine could make into a pie chart or whathave you. You know, HARD DATA. Something you have to maybe LOG IN (at least to the forums) to fill out, or maybe get invited to by random sample?

Not sure why I'm thinking of these things, probably because...oh heck I have no idea.

So, good idea? I'm mostly looking at you Zolotisty, Sessine and CMJ. And Ebenezer. [Edited by Ebenezer.]

Much love.

-Rose

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, December 29 2011 @ 09:28 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Well, see, I know the data about how often people play, what they spend money on, and stuff like that. Anything else that I have an idle curiosity of is just that - idle curiosity, for which anonymity would be desirable.

For example, I've long suspected that our female-male split is, in fact, skewed far further female than the character gender count suggests. I'd like to know how many of our players are visually-impaired. I'm interested in how broad of an age group we've got going on, here. As web games go, we're a pretty diverse bunch, but sometimes I think it'd be nice to know how diverse.

Not enough to actually sit down and write a survey, mind, but it does pop into my head from time to time.

Profile Email Website
dizzyizzy
 Friday, December 30 2011 @ 03:46 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

For example, I've long suspected that our female-male split is, in fact, skewed far further female than the character gender count suggests.

Well, that's the complete opposite of everything I know about the internet. Nw I'm interested to find out if that's the case, too.

EDIT: I know this is pretty much inadmissible, statistically, but I can think of more female characters I know for certain are played by males than male characters I know for certain are played by females.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Saturday, December 31 2011 @ 02:50 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: dizzyizzy

Quote by: CavemanJoe

For example, I've long suspected that our female-male split is, in fact, skewed far further female than the character gender count suggests.

Well, that's the complete opposite of everything I know about the internet. Now I'm interested to find out if that's the case, too.

EDIT: I know this is pretty much inadmissible, statistically, but I can think of more female characters I know for certain are played by males than male characters I know for certain are played by females.

I agree.. it would be pretty neat to see we're just that different there. (I've always had my suspicions about Ashtu.. i mean, he really des sound like a grumpy old spinster most of the time, doesn't he?)
If it helps for the statistics; Reverb is most definately a boy on this side of the screen.. (Come on folks, don't be shy now, 'fess up!)

Also; Our cross-dressing rate is huge, go us!

EDIT-> Since i'm here anyways... HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Saturday, December 31 2011 @ 06:04 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Twosocks+Monkey

PPS: I'm also definitely NOT suggesting we have an impromptu survey in the forums. This we've done randomly throughout. I was thinking more of something that someone fancy like Sessine* could make into a pie chart or whathave you. You know, HARD DATA. Something you have to maybe LOG IN (at least to the forums) to fill out, or maybe get invited to by random sample?

I've made a start on a survey form in google docs. So far, I've shared it with CMJ, and the other mods, to see what they think of the questions, and what else we'd maybe like to ask.

If CMJ's idle curiosity Mr. Green is strong enough, a final version of the form just might wind up embedded on a page someday, somewhere in the game, someplace where it can be seen by more players than the relatively low fraction who have registered with the forum, and where he can control when a character gets to see it. Answers would be guaranteed anonymous -- the only data a gdoc form captures besides the answers to the questions is a timestamp.

---
* Mmhm, flattery will get you everywhere...

Profile Email
Twosocks Monkey
 Wednesday, January 04 2012 @ 02:53 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

So, good idea? I'm mostly looking at you Zolotisty, Sessine and CMJ. And Ebenezer. [Edited by Ebenezer.]

Yes Ebenezer you too. Big Grin

* Mmhm, flattery will get you everywhere...

"Everywhere...delicious."

*Scribbles note and files it away.*

*smirks*

"Also, YAY NEAT maybe a thing!"

-Rose

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.60 seconds
New Topic Post Reply