Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 CCeggestions 404
 |  Printable Version
Full Metal Lion
 Wednesday, February 15 2012 @ 03:37 AM UTC (Read 1496 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

You see, the title is clever because--- Whatever. The below suggestions relate to Robots and their city.

One:

There should be a way to suggest jokes to the Robot bartender. I mean, I have a bunch of math- and science-related jokes. For instance:

An infinite number of mathematicians walk in a bar. The first one orders a beer. The second one orders half a beer. The third one orders one fourth of a beer. The fourth one orders one-eighth of a beer...

The bartender sighs, and pours two beers.

You may be wondering if that was supposed to be funny. You may also be wondering how the system would work. My thought is that having a Person Of Authority review each joke would be plausible for a small number of jokes, with, perhaps, a small sum of Req or such as reward for good jokes. If that grows inefficient, a peer-review system seems like a good idea to me, but what do I know?

Two:

I've noticed that CC404 doesn't have a mount. I propose this should be fixed, using the only vehicle designed in CC404, by a denizen of CC404, before being killed in CC404.

Yes.

The Humpmobile.

More specifically, the Prototype Humpmobile, which Robot!Mike designed after hearing Rohit talk about it. I don't know what the mechanics would be like, but it would be glorious. Perhaps it would scare away creatures, and give you a buff ("Satisfaction", or "Mad as a box of frogs", or "Really, really, creepy"). I can only imagine it would look like a raft with four truck wheels and a small, sail-less sailboat mast, with an input apparatus on the deck.

Now, shoot down my ideas as impractical. Or propose your own. Whatever you feel like.

Profile Email Website
Mr Geppetto
 Wednesday, February 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

A mount! I see it like a huge spider-mechano-thingummy. Tiptoeing on sharpitty, stabbitty claws. Clickety-click. Also prone to mechanical (or software?) failure, which can be a debuff, to balance the buff of creepiness.

Also yes about the jokes (your joke reminds me of something that can be found at the Monsterous Moonshine Mansions, the Mathematician's retreat wing), I can also think of a few. For instance for the neutron walking in to the bar joke, I know a version in which the bartender is a proton, so when he says to the neutron: "For you, no charge.", the neutron asks: "Are you sure?" and the bartender replies: "Yes, I'm positive." (I do feel my version is a bit better, but then, don't we all?)

Right now CC is a lot better than before, there's the scrapyard, and the scrapyard market, which are incentives for builders (besides the mining..), there's also the bar, incentive for robots to spend more time there (I guess, I haven't played robot in a long, long time, but I might just do that, next DK). That besides the factory and the rally headquarters, so CC, in fact, has much more things going on than, say, Ace High.

All in all I like your ideas, I'd like to see something like that happening, though I'm aware new stuff might be more urgently needed elsewhere.

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Saturday, February 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Mr+Geppetto

Right now CC is a lot better than before, there's the scrapyard, and the scrapyard market, which are incentives for builders (besides the mining..), there's also the bar, incentive for robots to spend more time there (I guess, I haven't played robot in a long, long time, but I might just do that, next DK). That besides the factory and the rally headquarters, so CC, in fact, has much more things going on than, say, Ace High.

All in all I like your ideas, I'd like to see something like that happening, though I'm aware new stuff might be more urgently needed elsewhere.

So I checked out AceHigh, and... they have Cake or Death. So I though maybe, you know, a Cakemobile? Which has... wheels made of cake. And when you honk the horn, you teleport to a random square on the island. Then I dropped the cake idea. It was stupid. What about, instead...

A Bottomless Bag of Gingersnaps.
Literally. Both the top side and the bottom side are openings, and the gingersnaps just violate gravity.
This mount does nothing to you. You just walk like normal. Unless, of course, you hit the button ("Oh Snap!") on the sidebar, in which case you get transported to a random square on the island. The stam cost could be a flat rate, or depend on where you land, whatever the Person(s) Of Authority decide(s) on. Similarly, there could be buffs/debuffs randomly/nonrandomly awarded (Perhaps "Cold Snap" for the debuff and "Soulless Warrior" for the buff?).

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Here's a joke:

Before he first transformed, they just called him Optimus.

On an unrelated note, I seem to have messed up a submission to the Gallery. It went into the October Contest Album. Can I fix that?

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.33 seconds
New Topic Post Reply