Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Places > Places: Feedback and Development New Topic Post Reply
 I'm dooooing a thiiiiing
 |  Printable Version
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, March 06 2012 @ 08:04 AM UTC (Read 2435 times)  
Forum Admin
Admin

And I'm not telling you what it iiiiiis...

Unless you guess! Big Grin

HERE'S A CLUE: It's going to make Places Programming about a hundred times more useful, especially when you use it with the Run Other Program Contraption.

Profile Email Website
Twosocks Monkey
 Tuesday, March 06 2012 @ 11:41 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe
Unless you guess! Big Grin

Um. Um. Um. Um. Um.

I KNOW!

You're adding penguins?!

Razz

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Trex
 Tuesday, March 06 2012 @ 04:43 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Unless you guess! Big Grin.

Oh! If; Then; Else statements!

**wishes really hard**

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Tuesday, March 06 2012 @ 05:22 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Trex

**wishes really hard**

That's the essence of the escape hatch really, isn't it, especially if used with the 'Run Program' contraption. IF conditions pass THEN procede to next line of program ELSE go to escape hatch.

Um, let's see now.
Is it comparison of memories? That's the best I can come up with, unless it's a device which gets your computer to brew a cup of tea for when you get up in the morning. Razz

My big wish would be for something to stop showing the page description for the page that you're on.

Can't wait to find out.

By the way, I've just gone into my Place and had a quick look at the master settings. Big Grin Me like new settings for rooms. I suspect others will as well.

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Tuesday, March 06 2012 @ 07:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

**wishes really hard**

That's the essence of the escape hatch really, isn't it, especially if used with the 'Run Program' contraption. IF conditions pass THEN procede to next line of program ELSE go to escape hatch.

Yeah but you can't exactly do very complicated programs in the escape hatch.

Profile Email
quinn
 Tuesday, March 06 2012 @ 07:42 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

**wishes really hard**

Um, let's see now.
Is it comparison of memories? That's the best I can come up with, unless it's a device which gets your computer to brew a cup of tea for when you get up in the morning. Razz

My big wish would be for something to stop showing the page description for the page that you're on.

Can't wait to find out.

By the way, I've just gone into my Place and had a quick look at the master settings. Big Grin Me like new settings for rooms. I suspect others will as well.

I was about to say the Escape hatch had limited execution with only the only slot, but then I realized you could just put a Run Program in there and all of a sudden I want to get back to programming...

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Tuesday, March 06 2012 @ 11:30 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

If it's what I just found in the Master Settings page - CMJ, I fucking love you. I'd thought I was going to have to buy so many extra programming rows!

/me races off to donate

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Hairy Mary
 Wednesday, March 07 2012 @ 12:47 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Buddleia

If it's what I just found in the Master Settings page - CMJ, I fucking love you. I'd thought I was going to have to buy so many extra programming rows!

/me races off to donate

Well with the new 'Run program' Contraptions you'd have only had to build the programs once each, and then just put said Contraptions everywhere you wanted to use them. But yes. It's still pretty cool.

Back to the subject on hand. Just what thiiiiing is CMJ dooooing?

Still no ideas. Still can't wait.

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Wednesday, March 07 2012 @ 02:56 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm just sleepy enough to have the brakes come off my nonsense-rambling-control centre, while still being awake enough to think reasonably coherently, so ... here's a load of guesses! Which are probably all totally wrong and irrelevant, but at least then they can be eliminated from the guessing!

You're going to make programs that can apply to a Place, rather than to a Player in a Place?
You're going to let the Escape Hatch be movable side-to-side on each row, so that we can make it do two-or-more things on the far side of the Hatch?
You're going to create an Append Page contraption, that will stick the Page description after the Room description?
You're going to let us use contrivances/aptions straight from the Place Inventory, not having to go to it, take some out, and then to the Programs menu?
You're going to let us buy contrivances/aptions from right in the Program menu, for SP?
You're going to let us reorganise the order that Pages display in, somehow or other?
You're going to make contraptions that check whether/how people have completed in-game story/quests?
You're going to add penguins?

... penguins. I vote penguins.

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Wednesday, March 07 2012 @ 04:27 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

A CLUE
Hairy Mary will like it, as will other programmery types.

ANOTHER CLUE
It's taking so long because I have to modify quite a few Contraptions and Contrivances.

A FURTHER CLUE
Not pengins sorry

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Wednesday, March 07 2012 @ 04:32 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: quinn

I was about to say the Escape hatch had limited execution with only the only slot, but then I realized you could just put a Run Program in there and all of a sudden I want to get back to programming...

YESSSS. You can have an empty Room that nobody goes in, and you can fill it with Pages and Programs, and that's like a lib file.

A lib file that you can walk around in.

Profile Email Website
Twosocks Monkey
 Wednesday, March 07 2012 @ 12:23 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

But...but....

PENGUINS!!!!!!!

(sobs uncontrollably on the floor)

(Notices the new post about Thoughts and runs off to tinker, all penguins forgotteds.)

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 1.01 seconds
New Topic Post Reply