Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Places > Places: Feedback and Development New Topic Post Reply
 C&C availability.
 |  Printable Version
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, March 15 2012 @ 11:36 PM UTC (Read 1626 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Could the availability of C&Cs in the scrapyard be tweaked again? In particular, there are very few (and very expensive) Show Page Link Contraptions and Thought Equal Contrivances. Plenty of Thought Greater and Less Contrivances, very few Thought Equal though for some reason.

Profile Email
Omega
 Friday, March 16 2012 @ 06:56 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Yesplease. Last time I got there, I was looking for Show Page Link and some other contraptions and contrivances. I found fifteen or so of Thought Greater and Thought Less, and only two of the ones I wanted.

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, April 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Can I ask for another retweaking of C&C availability? In particular Add Page access and Increment Memory, going for 44,000 and 35,000 resp. The next highest prices in the scrapyard market is Show Page at 22,000 and Memory Increment at 16,000, which seem about rightish in comparison to me.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Tuesday, May 08 2012 @ 10:00 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Me again, grumbling away, never happy. Rolling Eyes

Could we damp down the amount of Thought related C&Cs? They're fairly advanced gadgets to use, and I suspect that most people aren't really using them other than perhaps with the Roll to Thought Contraption. I'm not using them all that much, and I suspect that my programming is a little more complicated than most.

I would suggest less Stop Programs as well, but that's perhaps just me. I dislike them, they seem messy to me and I avoid using them. I've used one, but went back later and changed the program so it was no longer needed. (Using Thoughts. Hah!) Maybe other people use them though.

In their place, could we have a few more of the memory C&Cs, in particular the Memory Place Comparison Contrivances. Upping Page Access and Show Page Contraption numbers wouldn't go amiss either.

Or that's how I see it. I've tried to think from the general programmer's perspective, but I am, of course, inevitably biased by my own programming desires. What does everybody else think?

Profile Email
Ada
 Wednesday, May 09 2012 @ 12:44 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I think it is a fairly safe bet that if the guy who makes the tutorials doesn't use thoughts much, no one does. I myself have looked at them, gone "that seems neat I guess", and then not yet encountered a place where I'd want to use them - probably because I haven't understood them fully, but who knows.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, May 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Maybe I over egged it a little. I do use some. And as I do more and more programming I'll probably find more uses for them.

But no matter how clever your programming, it needs to ultimately make a difference to what your guest experiences, otherwise what's the point? That is - Show Page, Show Page Access and Hide Link Contraptions. At the moment probably over half the C&Cs that I find in the scrapyard are Thought related. I reckon that that is more than almost anybody is ever going to use. It's more than I'm ever likely to use and certainly a hell of a lot more than I'm currently using.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.53 seconds
New Topic Post Reply