Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Someone put this topic where it goes? Fan Art Bug?
 |  Printable Version
Twosocks Monkey
 Sunday, March 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM UTC (Read 1363 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I have no clue if I'm the only one seeing this weird error. It's when I see the Fan Art pages. I looked around, and have absolutely NO CLUE where to put this error. It's not in game, it's not really random out of game...it's a forum error that maybe only I can see. And if I play Necromancer I'm sure FML will nibble my ears so I won't put it in the legacy bugs...

I use Chrome. I'm pretty sure it's updated...

And it's not like this is important or anything. I just figured I'd share. I think I've been seeing this error for at least...five months?

Here's a link to the image less smooshed: Link to visual

As you can see it has lots of little code-y bits that have {fancy brackets} around them that I assume are not supposed to be seen.

And for the record, every time I post an image to the fan art gallery I get a scary white page with lots of YOU FAIL AT LIFE text all over it...then a little later, the picture posts just fine. Cry

Again, clearly not really important, just figured I should share, maybe someone else has this problem?

-Rose

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Full Metal Lion
 Sunday, March 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I have this problem, too. And I wouldn't nibble your ears! I have people for that.

Profile Email Website
Full Metal Lion
 Thursday, April 12 2012 @ 01:04 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

YOU FAIL AT LIFE!

Apparently, CMJ neglected to disable an option.

Profile Email Website
Full Metal Lion
 Tuesday, April 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm going to use this thread to report troubles with the Enquirer, double-posts and necromancy be damned!
Take a look at this link. That's how Page 3, or any wiki page looks if I navigate there from here, the Enquirer homepage. The problem is that, if I enter the url into the nav bar, or click "restore old tab", it turns into this! It looks sort of like a man in a room. If I then navigate away from the page to another Enquirer page, the weird background follows me. Even to the forums!

As I was poking around with this: Oh dear. It seems as though now, whenever I navigate to the Enquirer, it gives me the grid of rooms background, unless I navigate from a page that has the normal background (multiple tabs ftw!). This annoyingly doesn't let me read the wiki's text. I think I'll attempt the ol' tried and true (rebooting).

Dear citizens of the future: if this problem goes away, my links will, too.

Edit after reboot: OH GOD IT'S WORSE!

Now I don't have anywhere to navigate from that has the regular background. Oh well, I knew this was one possible outcome. Looks like I'll be highlighting text! Laughing Out Loud

Profile Email Website
Full Metal Lion
 Wednesday, April 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The mystery background turned into this. I googled the text, and it turns out it's from "This Is Why I'm Hot", a song I listened to today on a whim (don't judge me). This makes it abundantly clear that the forum ghosts are trolling me. I wish I knew why. It's probably a horrible caching error based on my resurrecting tabs, an unholy practice which violates the very natural order of things. Still, virgin sacrifice appeases all spirits, right?

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.49 seconds
New Topic Post Reply