Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Season Two Planning Forum New Topic Post Reply
 Season 2 in 'Testing' Mode
 |  Printable Version
Fodder Kid
 Thursday, November 13 2008 @ 05:54 PM UTC (Read 1981 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

CMJ,

I am a computer moron. I can turn it on, etc but coding is SOOO far over my head.

When you said that the Season 2 Server is going through testing. What does this mean? Did you already code the crap that you said wouldn't be too hard?
DO YOU SLEEP MAN?!?
Or is this computer talk for Season 2 will make it's debut around Christmas?

wonderin' as always,

Fodder Kid

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, November 13 2008 @ 06:01 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Not exactly.

There's a new dev server up, devoted to Season Two stuff. I'm coding everything pretty well live on that server, testing as I go along. Within a couple of months, I'll ask some players to come over and test it in real-time. THEN, we can start thinking about when it's gonna be released.

(I would have gotten a lot more done last night, had I not had to spend a good two hours cleaning up the PvP-related and New NewHome related drama in-game. Guys, stop it, you're making my job a lot harder.)

Profile Email Website
YurianStonebow
 Thursday, November 13 2008 @ 06:44 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I would have gotten a lot more done last night, had I not had to spend a good two hours cleaning up the PvP-related and New NewHome related drama in-game. Guys, stop it, you're making my job a lot hard.

And excuse me for going off-topic, but I'm going to recommend this again, for the sake of your sanity: GET A SIDEKICK. Not necessarily another admin, although that would be nice, but why not a moderator or two? A senior moderator, even?

Once more I'm going to ask for your forgiveness if I give you another "back in *my* day..." speech, but Green Dragon's triumvirate of MightyE, jcp, and SaucyWench had the support a small army, who asked for no pay at all and and yet who were working as moderators and coders, devoting their free time and effort, out of everyone's collective desire to ensure the continued success of the classic LoGD server.

And no, I'm not volunteering, I'm just saying. If Improbable Island were a pub, then you've got a wonderful cast of 'regulars' that you could hand pick for the task at hand. Coding-wise, all the technical resources of dragonprime.net is readily available to you.

Profile Email
Fodder Kid
 Thursday, November 13 2008 @ 06:48 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Also CMJ,

I know yer a busy guy and at one point you said that you were gonna make a Thread of the things that you were trying to put into Season 2.

Just a reminder (getting antsy)

Fodder Kid

Profile Email
Count of S-G
 Thursday, November 13 2008 @ 07:00 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The thread already exists Fodder.

http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=2140

Glory Points awarded for this fight: 0 You have defeated The Watcher! You receive 1377 Requisition! You receive 20193 experience!

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, November 13 2008 @ 07:17 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Well, kind of. I do intend to do an official "This is going in at the start, this is going in later, this isn't going in at all, this was a silly idea, this is getting taken out" etc type thread at some point.

Or I might just leave you all hanging. Smile

Profile Email Website
Fodder Kid
 Thursday, November 13 2008 @ 07:26 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Thanks for the link.

If you DO decide to make an official one can it be a sticky thread so It will stay atop the list?

Fodder Kid (who loves days when kids get in trouble and have to stay in my room and work silently or feel my WRATH!)

Profile Email
Severa
 Thursday, November 13 2008 @ 08:18 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: YurianStonebow

I would have gotten a lot more done last night, had I not had to spend a good two hours cleaning up the PvP-related and New NewHome related drama in-game. Guys, stop it, you're making my job a lot hard.

And excuse me for going off-topic, but I'm going to recommend this again, for the sake of your sanity: GET A SIDEKICK. Not necessarily another admin, although that would be nice, but why not a moderator or two? A senior moderator, even?

Once more I'm going to ask for your forgiveness if I give you another "back in *my* day..." speech, but Green Dragon's triumvirate of MightyE, jcp, and SaucyWench had the support a small army, who asked for no pay at all and and yet who were working as moderators and coders, devoting their free time and effort, out of everyone's collective desire to ensure the continued success of the classic LoGD server.

And no, I'm not volunteering, I'm just saying. If Improbable Island were a pub, then you've got a wonderful cast of 'regulars' that you could hand pick for the task at hand. Coding-wise, all the technical resources of dragonprime.net is readily available to you.

Ooh. AWESOME idea. *frantic Hermoine Granger-ish hand waving in CavemanJoe's direction* I'd mod if you'd have me. I can't code for squat, but I think I can mod a game. If I can ref the fights between my 9 yr old and 11 yr old sons, I'm sure I can mod some adults in the exploits of defeating Improbability.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, November 13 2008 @ 08:49 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Funnily enough, I sent out a call for mods to a few folks last night.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.76 seconds
New Topic Post Reply