Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Season Two Planning Forum New Topic Post Reply
 Races
 |  Printable Version
Fodder Kid
 Friday, November 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM UTC (Read 1934 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

I figured it would be best to stick this here as opposed to adding to the new sticky thread.

Can you also add some tattoos or recognition type stuff for people that play different races? Or even go so far as to make certain quests only doable as a certain race? And if that is possible maybe even UBER QUESTS that would require you to be a certain race for one part then be different races for other parts.

Fodder Kid

and on a side note CMJ, thanks for always showing us what you do and how you do it. Yer a kick butt MOD (even though you shot down EVERY SINGLE MONSTER I HAVE SENT IT Rolling Eyes )

Profile Email
Count of S-G
 Friday, November 14 2008 @ 01:44 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I must agree that race specific content especially for quests would be rather cool. I believe that race based events are already planned. It would be a nice extension of that, to have some event outcomes be influenced by races, for instance, Zombies should enjoy brain stew from Saucy's Kitchen.

And Fodder Kid, I know how you feel about monsters, I'm around 1 for 10 currently. He says he accepts 30%, but I don't believe him. Wink

Glory Points awarded for this fight: 0 You have defeated The Watcher! You receive 1377 Requisition! You receive 20193 experience!

Profile Email
Fodder Kid
 Friday, November 14 2008 @ 03:06 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

30% Evil
Now I feel like a TOTAL idiot.

MAN o MAN

I wish I didn't know that. Maybe I'll pretend you said 3%..yeah I didn't see that 0.

Fodder Kid (who will ALWAYS belive that a monster named Foilwench's Wench who fights with an inflated snese of self-importance is some funny shit)

Profile Email
Count of S-G
 Friday, November 14 2008 @ 03:48 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Doesn't the Sorry Your Monster Idea sucks message say something like that. I hope that it's around 3%. I always felt bad when I got numbers of them at once.

My single claim to fame is Mephistopheles, the Duck of Hell. I'm hoping to get a couple more though. Something that I realize CMJ doesn't have the time to do, but it would be nice for someone to go through and organize the monsters, so that the evil monsters were at a much higher level then the other monsters, or at least the order was humorous.

Glory Points awarded for this fight: 0 You have defeated The Watcher! You receive 1377 Requisition! You receive 20193 experience!

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, November 14 2008 @ 03:53 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Um, yeah. About that.

The acceptance rate started off at about 50% accepted when we were using the forums. As more people got to know that I was giving out DP's for monster submissions, the rate dropped to 40%, and by the time I put in the in-game feature, it was 30%... And in the first week, it dropped to something like 5%, as the whole world and his wife decided to submit emo kids, Paris Hilton and Monty Python references.

Frown

Profile Email Website
Fodder Kid
 Friday, November 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Is it ok to re-vamp a monster that was rejected and re-submit it? Becasue I KNOW that I didn;t give them good enough descriptions and need to work on that aspect of my submissions.

FK

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, November 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Yes, by all means, re-do the monsters you've already tried and try 'em again. The description is the key - even some really mundane concepts can be sorted with a good description; conversely, really good concepts without a good description to match get nowhere.

Profile Email Website
Fodder Kid
 Friday, November 14 2008 @ 06:18 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Mr. Green

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.68 seconds
New Topic Post Reply