Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 NewHome Monster Museum
 |  Printable Version
Matthew
 Saturday, May 26 2012 @ 06:42 PM UTC (Read 3472 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

It's pretty annoying when you're blowing through fights (like anyone does) and you notice just a split-second AFTER pressing Z that - shit! - that was a new monster that you actually wanted to read! And then you slow down, on a careful look out for the monster you wanted to read, but after three minutes it doesn't show up so you start speeding up a bit because you're impatient and FUCK THERE IT WAS AGAIN AND I SKIPPED IT FHHHHHHHHH

Maybe a place in the museum in NewHome where you can read the text of monsters lower than your level?

edit: Alternatively, a "recall the last monster you fought" link in the jungle?

Profile Email
Collin-Vee
 Saturday, May 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Or maybe a booklet of some kind, that when you encounter a monster, it gets 'recorded' into it? Like a self-made encyclopedia? It could also possibly mark down the stun sequence parts as you discover them? Not entirely committed to this idea, but it seems like a neatshinything that could be made.

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Saturday, May 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Player-maintained monster list. However, it isn't complete, and I don't think there's any GreaseMonkey-fu for you to help it with. You'd have to copy-paste the new monsters in. It's no PokÚdex, but it's something.

On the note of the Museum keeping track of things you've seen, what about the Story Quests? I'd love to be able to read over some of those again, especially when new installments come out. And in Mister Stern's Hypernestic Quest Sub-Basement maybe you could "see what might have been" and pick different dialogue options? Just a thought. Daughter of Chance could be there, too.

Profile Email Website
Twosocks Monkey
 Saturday, May 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Full+Metal+Lion

Player-maintained monster list. However, it isn't complete, and I don't think there's any GreaseMonkey-fu for you to help it with. You'd have to copy-paste the new monsters in. It's no PokÚdex, but it's something.

Thanks for the shout out, even if you didn't mention my name!*

But that'd be nice! Good idea Matthew-or-whatever-we're-calling-you-now.

Razz

-Rose

*Yes it's my list! Check it out and work on it with me!

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Matthew
 Sunday, May 27 2012 @ 03:58 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Twosocks+Monkey

Matthew-or-whatever-we're-calling-you-now.

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Sunday, May 27 2012 @ 05:52 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Alright, Vlad, I see your animated gif, and I raise you...

an emoticon.

Cool

Deal with it.

Profile Email Website
Temper
 Saturday, June 02 2012 @ 09:44 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I've had this problem too (I also noticed Rosemoo's link in her bio and it made me happy.)

It'd be nice to have a full list with flavor text in the Enquirer somewhere, because referencing them in-Story is fun, with little callbacks and such(I keep promising myself to make it, but... I never do).

We have a list, but half the monsters are no longer around, and the other half make up about... Twelve of the current roster?

As for Loin(Lion)'s mentioning of the (as I call them) Canonized Happenings, I'd love to see a section in the Enquirer that is strictly for CMJ's/Island-canon writing, where you could find all these stories he's written.

Profile Email
Harris
 Saturday, June 02 2012 @ 11:34 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Adder Moray has a pretty badass place like this already, but it is *not* official CMJ. It's the oil slick, in the unmarked building at 23, 12 and it's often held speculative island fiction written by various players. Pretty damned good stuff in there, and newly renovated/storied even. You should check it out.

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Twosocks Monkey
 Saturday, June 02 2012 @ 12:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oi Temper!

We have a list, but half the monsters are no longer around, and the other half make up about... Twelve of the current roster?

So help me out! It's not impossible to log em all.

Just sayin.

It's public editable...and much to my chagrin I'm only so much woman.

(And the ones we know are gone, I can mark as such if it bothers ya. I just like to know about all of em, even the old ones).

Razz

-Rose

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Count Sessine
 Saturday, June 02 2012 @ 02:36 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Think Temper was talking about the list in the wiki, Rose, not your excellent gdoc. The wiki list is-- well. Let's say... kind of a blast from the past.

And Harris, the Oil Slick is totally badass, I agree. It holds a different kind of 'What Might Have Been' than FML was asking for, though. I believe he wants to see what would have happened if you had, for instance... {spoiler} run from the Stranger. Though actually, in that case, you just get away easily and then you're cut off from a bunch of later stories.

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Saturday, June 02 2012 @ 04:08 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Think Temper was talking about the list in the wiki, Rose, not your excellent gdoc. The wiki list is-- well. Let's say... kind of a blast from the past.

And Harris, the Oil Slick is totally badass, I agree. It holds a different kind of 'What Might Have Been' than FML was asking for, though. I believe he wants to see what would have happened if you had, for instance... [declined anything, even once]

I'm really hoping for a record of all the tasty, tasty, quest text, though I'm probably also going to visit the Oil Slick.

Moreover, I'm not entirely pre-occupied with viewing what would have happened if I had... said no to Jill, for example.I have alts for that. I was more thinking of letting people who said no to Jill redo the quest and say yes to Jill, maybe at the cost of a cig or some Req. The principle would work both ways though.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.97 seconds
New Topic Post Reply