Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Development New Topic Post Reply
 New greasemonkey script: Battle Timer
 |  Printable Version
Red Hatter
 Friday, August 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM UTC (Read 2590 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

I don't know if this is the right post this.... but here goes.

I've created a new GreaseMonkey script! Mr. Green When ever you're fighting a monster it looks for the text "Next target: * seconds", and causes the number to count down to zero then restart. Now we can stop having people tell us to turn that metronome off. Laughing Out Loud

The script!

Edit: Oh can someone add it to the wiki for me? I don't think I have editing permissions for that page.

Profile Email Website
Matthew
 Friday, August 10 2012 @ 08:48 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Tried it out, and it seems to actually work pretty well (barring my thoughts below, anyway)! Seems like it would help out a lot on Titans.

As a comment on Timed Fighting in general: it seems a little unforgiving for people with shit internet connections (myself included). Because of page load lag I'll pretty much always miss the target by .2 or .5 even if I know for a fact that I got the mark. Maybe increase the grace period so that if you're plus or minus .4 seconds, it counts? Still not really easy, but it won't punish people with poor connection speed quite so much.

Profile Email
Red Hatter
 Friday, August 10 2012 @ 08:58 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Matthew

it seems a little unforgiving for people with shit internet connections (myself included). Because of page load lag I'll pretty much always miss the target by .2 or .5 even if I know for a fact that I got the mark.

I have the same problem when I use wifi. Evil I've found that if I hit it before the mark then I get more. For example: on my netbook I hit it when the counter is 'bout half why through two.

Profile Email Website
Full Metal Lion
 Saturday, August 11 2012 @ 12:11 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I seem to have a subtle sense of recognition...

Oh, yeah, die fledermaus did something like this. Great minds think alike, I guess. Except on the matter of whether or not the count-down should be considered cheating, which is why it isn't listed on the Greasemonkey page.

But still, it's always nice to know people care about the Island enough to make things for it! Big Grin

Profile Email Website
Clueless
 Saturday, September 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Added script to the greasemonkey wiki under Interface Related Scripts. I don't know of any special rights for any page. It gave me no trouble and I'm just a standard user.

Also, is there a way to add an offest to the timer? I didn't like how it went from, say, 1 to 5. I kept having to wait about half a second through one before pressing the key.. So I set it to show 0 as well, (<=1 changed to <=0) but I still have the same problem. By the time zero shows I'm far too late.

I love how this helps me with lag though, even if a lag spike won't save my current round, it helps me determine when to fight the next round so I'm not screwed twice every time.

Profile Email
Clueless
 Saturday, September 15 2012 @ 03:31 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Damn your edit rights timeout to hell!

Anyway, what I wanted to add was that Fledermaus' script allows an offset, one that can be changed as well. Oh, and a stupid spelling error.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.51 seconds
New Topic Post Reply