Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 So this newfangled noticeboard
 |  Printable Version
Temper
 Wednesday, August 29 2012 @ 03:37 AM UTC (Read 879 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

Doesn't really feel like much of one unless I use a special.

Here comes my selfish bit.

I really think it would be cool if part of what the noticeboard did was make all comments act like specials. To me, a noticeboard is a place full of little tacked-on messages, many often without clearly visible authors. It is not a place to find a "So-an-So says,"- that just seems really jarring to me.

And I was hoping, since we're already paying to post there, that it could be automatically a special. Because right now, it feels like if I want to leave a real note, I have to spend more money to Special it in, or be stuck with a roleplaying action, like Temper posts a note saying blah blah blah witches.

Edit: (Guess I'm really just repeating myself here, huh.)
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the notice board. I've posted three of the messages there already. It's a completely fabulous idea, and I'll probably, either way, eventually throw a lot of money in that direction if this keeps up. I just wish I didn't feel like I was paying to pay to leave a note behind. With the action, I don't feel like I'm leaving a note, I feel like I'm leaving an action.

Dunno how much sense that makes, as I'm not always the best at that sort of thing making sense, I mean, but I just figured I'd throw it out there to the general public and see what y'all think.

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Wednesday, August 29 2012 @ 05:44 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Hmm... what if the board removed your quotes and just moved your name to the end, unless you used a Special? You'd still have to Special to get your name removed and post anonymously or as the Queen of England (assuming that is not, in fact, your username), but it'd look like

Need a foot rub? Why not come to the Such-And-So Spa & Retreat at (x,y) and enjoy our free silliness?
-Mr Such-And-So
instead of the dread
Mr Such-And-So has posted a message: "Need a foot rub? Why not come to the Such-And-So Spa & Retreat
at (x,y) and enjoy our free silliness?"

Actually, on reflection, the present perfect tense in the latter example makes the whole thing feel okay to me. Would that work for you?

Heh heh. I think the perfect tense is perfect.

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Wednesday, August 29 2012 @ 05:59 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Agreed. You can now post Special Comments on the Noticeboard without needing Quills, same price as normal. Mr. Green

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.33 seconds
New Topic Post Reply