Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 So, about lowering that rank.
 |  Printable Version
Cherriki Ten
 Wednesday, October 03 2012 @ 03:43 PM UTC (Read 1882 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

I don't really know if there is another thread I could have posted this in, but I am kind of lazy and didn't want to look, yada yada yada.

So, to my point. Or well, the small story leading into my point (because you know, I can't ever get right to the point Big Grin)

So, there I was, on the failboat for probably the time and I finally decided that I would lower my rank because having a rank seven on a character between 3 and 10 DKs was just too damned hard and I wasn't getting anywhere in the developing my character yada, yada, yada.

So. I spent the next five minutes, continually "Approaching the Watcher" and then "Ask to lower Rank" which I mean, isn't all that bad but can be mildly tedious.

Can we just get a list of "Lower your Rank to this level"

So if I am doing a R5 and want to do an R2 I get a list like this:

Rank 1
Rank 2
Rank 3
Rank 4

And then, you get the Watcher's snide comment and go on your merry way Big Grin

So, yes? No? Maybe? Spend time coming up with ideas that can help pay with CMJ's rent Big Grin

(I don't really have any good ideas to add to that really. Except an herb bag. Please? That would be awesome)

"Optimist: Person who travels on nothing from nowhere to happiness." -Mark Twain.

Profile Email
Iriana
 Wednesday, October 03 2012 @ 10:14 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I hadn't thought of that, but that is a totally sensible request to make. I agree. Though I wonder how often people need to drop down more than one or two ranks? I've never used it to drop more than one.

On a related note, could we perhaps have a big enormous flashing red confirmation notice or something for dropping ranks? Once I hit Level 10 on a 7 or Bastard I'm always petrified that I'm going to press the wrong hotkey or click wrong and drop a rank after all that effort.

Profile Email
IsaacW
 Friday, October 05 2012 @ 09:59 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Iriana

On a related note, could we perhaps have a big enormous flashing red confirmation notice or something for dropping ranks? Once I hit Level 10 on a 7 or Bastard I'm always petrified that I'm going to press the wrong hotkey or click wrong and drop a rank after all that effort.

I was the same way, to the point where I outright refused to approach the watcher at all, and either logged out, or wasted a chrono, even if I had the favor to get off the boat. I was just terrified of dropping my rank and screwing myself over.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Saturday, October 06 2012 @ 04:41 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

In the same vein, what would be nice is a way to raise rank, but only if you're still level 1... and you have less than the required EXP for level 2.

Actually, that still wouldn't prevent cheatery.

1. Start a Bastard
2. die
3. lower to 1
4. SO MANY TITANS
5. die
6. raise to Bastard

So I dunno. Would just be nice to be able to correct a "whoops fucked up" if you accidentally picked too low of a rank and you happen to be very OCD and neurotic about the number of drive kills in each category on your biography page not that I'd know what that's like

Profile Email
Iriana
 Sunday, October 07 2012 @ 10:32 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

In the donation ideas thread I think I suggested a way to reset your Drive Kill--go all the way back to picking your race, implant, rank, etc. etc. I ruined my neat numerical succession of ranks too because I misclicked once a long time ago and now it's not in a nice pattern anymore.

It wouldn't be a very widely used option, though I think the number of people who are OCD like that is disproportionately high in the Island's population. So it still could be useful. Especially for idiots like me who went for the S hotkey in the implant screen because "Spatial Awareness" starts with S and ended up with the "Skull-mounted Laser". /notimpressed

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.49 seconds
New Topic Post Reply