Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 CAKE event! Dash for Szara's Cash!
 |  Printable Version
Clueless
 Thursday, October 18 2012 @ 02:03 PM UTC (Read 4636 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

A little bit ago I issued a challenge to my Clanmates in CAKE!

Here it is for reference and archive-
If CAKE has 1361 DKs by 01 January 2013 (300 more than now), then I will donate 500 USD to the Isle, and match all of their donations for a week! That's only 4.91 DKs per member, in seventy five days! And of course I have no need for so many SPs, so I'll end up giving away massive amounts of Hunter's Lodge and eBoy's items, to all of you Clannies primarily. Good luck, Knights Errant! Also, permanent members only! Having a few people with dozens of DKs join for a week doesn't count!

It is with this that I ask everyone else out there to give my Clannies the proper prodding, and other support when possible, to help meet this lofty goal.

Twelve DKs is possible in two weeks, but I know that five in ten weeks is a lot to ask from some members. It's not meant to be easy, it's a challenge! But it's supposed to be fun! Can you wreck the Drive and fund the Isle at the same time? Lets find out!

On a side note, Bravo to Sticks, whose reply to my challenge is -
Now that's a challenge I'll gladly accept! Wow for the goodies you'll send me! Smile)

I've even had two people already mention joining to add their DK's to the Total. Cheaters! Hehe!

As for what I'll do with the SPs, as I said, they'll be used to donate, mostly back to my Clan, but I am going to be swimming in so many bloody points that I won't have enough stuff to put them into. I think I'll grab a bunch of Thirty and Creator bundles, mostly the Thirties, and divvy up those items as requested. But it'll probably be based a lot on input I get. Cookies and Quills too! And I'll not forget the alturism meter either!

Ohh, are story passes giftable?

Right, rambling, the point is- DKs DKs DKs! DKs for CAKE!

Profile Email
Collin-Vee
 Thursday, October 18 2012 @ 07:46 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Clueless

Right, rambling, the point is- DKs DKs DKs! DKs for CAKE!

Damn you, Clue. Damn you for being in a clan which isn't as cool as mine.
I'llgokillmyselfforthatbadpunnow.

Profile Email
Clueless
 Friday, October 19 2012 @ 02:36 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

That pun was so bad I don't even see it.

Profile Email
Collin-Vee
 Friday, October 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

>.> I'm in ICEE.

Profile Email
Clueless
 Saturday, October 20 2012 @ 01:31 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Ah, that makes sense!

You're right, that's pretty bad. You need to cleanse your shame by throwing Drives at CAKE members.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Saturday, October 20 2012 @ 04:31 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Collin-Vee

>.> I'm in ICEE.

Ah, ICEE.

Profile Email Website
Clueless
 Saturday, October 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Quote by: Collin-Vee

>.> I'm in ICEE.

Ah, ICEE.

You're going to find a dead Spiderkitty in the mail Joe. It's not a threat, merely a statement of disgust!

Dead Spiderkitty may be disguised as everyday spam mail.

Profile Email
Clueless
 Saturday, October 20 2012 @ 11:42 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

And here is this for advice for my clannies, and anyone else! Feel free to link it. I haven't had time to make it pretty yet. But I'll get to that when I have a computer, and not a phone.

http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=szara_advice

Profile Email
Raine Bofirn
 Monday, November 05 2012 @ 09:47 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

=3. I've gotten Sol to DK12!!

Yeah, there ain't no rest for the wiiicked...

Profile Email
Matthew
 Tuesday, November 06 2012 @ 12:02 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

If it's cool with you I can add my own insights. After 314 (as of this writing) DKs I think I know my shit. oh god what am I doing with my life

Races-
Kitty's okay, but only early on. The penalty to hunting gets REALLY obnoxious when you have tons of EXP to hit level 2 like I do, but for the early ones (say 1-30) it's honestly not that that noticeable a difference. Midget's king as always, and Joker is sometimes frustrating with how it's up to the whims of the RNG. I've had ridiculously fast DKs as a joker and I've also had ones that took like two weeks.

Implants-
Servo Arms are fucking annoying because you need to set them every fight. The one I use most often (and by far the best, in my opinion) is Chemical Pack, especially with the way pack monsters work. Even with my 1.6k max HP at level 1, StimPack is still absurdly useful (I think because it works on a percentage and not a flat rate, but I'm not sure) and has saved me from a 'boating more than once. Early on, Spacial Awareness with Requisition Search (I think that's what it's called?) is pretty helpful, too.

Mount-
Yeah, ZD is best, hands-down. I recently switched back to one (I had a ZD for my first 100 DKs, then switched to Scrambler until around 302) and I actually am noticing a pretty significant difference.

Food-
Agreed with all. Jokers don't have to deal with fat, so that's another point in their favor. Ace High has the best food, but makes you absurdly fat. Again: Joker. If you have Titan req and start with full hunger, you can fit five D20's in a day (or six if you're willing to gamble with puking) and get amazing amounts of stamina. I think the highest I ever got was 1100% stamina (super chrono, fit bonus, well-fed bonus, six D20s).

My jungle fighting strategy is to simply leave yourself naked, get a plasma gun, and then just refill by buying and selling pink frilly panties as needed for ammo. This only generally works on a rank six and below for me.

My drive fighting strategy is to load up on ZAPs and BANGs, and when I find it, throw a ZAP, then BANGs until it's dead. If you're rocking spacial awareness, use Standstill.

That's all I have to add.

Profile Email
Maniak
 Tuesday, November 06 2012 @ 11:03 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Matthew
Implants-
Servo Arms are fucking annoying because you need to set them every fight. The one I use most often (and by far the best, in my opinion) is Chemical Pack, especially with the way pack monsters work. Even with my 1.6k max HP at level 1, StimPack is still absurdly useful (I think because it works on a percentage and not a flat rate, but I'm not sure) and has saved me from a 'boating more than once. Early on, Spacial Awareness with Requisition Search (I think that's what it's called?) is pretty helpful, too.

If it's cool with you I can add my own insights. After 66 Bastards I think I know my shit.

Servo Arms are fucking awesome because they provide a 25% attack bonus. If a fast DK is what you are after, a Sun Gun and those arms is all you need. Stimpacks, on the other hand, are absurdly useless (yes, Matthew, they do work percentage based) if you want a fast DK. By the time you've upped the charge to a decent amount, you're at level 15.

My jungle fighting strategy is to cheat the system so I'll leave it at that.

My drive fighting strategy is get one Gargleblaster. When I find it, I don't even have time to throw a grenade.

The above advice isn't really tailored for the CAKE-clan; their majority hasn't unlocked the Sun Gun. To the fruitCAKEs: go Midget. Combined with favour-enhancing equipment, you might just make it off the failboat.

That's all I have to add.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Matthew
 Tuesday, November 06 2012 @ 08:23 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Maniak

If it's cool with you I can add my own insights. After 66 Bastards I think I know my shit.

Was a self-deprecating joke! Hence the oh god etc. I wasn't trying to brag.

bragging on the internet, lol

And I didn't say Servo Arms weren't good, I said they're annoying because I hate having to reset them every fight, especially at the speed I need to click through them to even get anywhere anymore. Granted, that's mostly just my problem. I kind of wish servo arms would remember your setting, because I'd probably use them more often if they did.

Even so, I guess my playstyle ("fuck the hospital tent") lends itself better to chemical pack. I have never gotten stimpack to level 2 before a DK, and it is still very useful. Adrenaline isn't too bad for Titan killing either when you couple it with a gargle blast, cig buff, drinks, etc etc.

Not general advice, but a response to Maniak: I used to use Gargleblasters on the drive back when we had trains, but now it tends to have run out long before I can have checked all the outposts. I have enough HP to soak up the burny fire for the 1-3 rounds it usually takes to grenade it to death, even on a rank 6.

I honestly don't at all remember at how many DKs you unlock the plasma gun at, so that advice might not be terribly useful for most players either, now that I think about it.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Tuesday, November 06 2012 @ 11:33 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I honestly don't at all remember at how many DKs you unlock the plasma gun at, so that advice might not be terribly useful for most players either, now that I think about it.

Plasma's unlocked at 14 DKs. The Sun Gun is 19. So neither is much use at the start. The Rusty Chainsaw is unlocked at 5 DKs, and some people swear by it.

But, basically, which is best at the early DK levels depends a lot on how much req and cigs you have available, what level you are, and on many other decisions you've made. There isn't any "one size fits all" optimum strategy.

My advice is to read the choices in Sheila's carefully... if the equipment you're using doesn't seem to be working, save up for something more powerful. Bank often. If you're going for speed, don't be too ambitious about DK rank. Also, don't forget about the Work Experience Lads. When req is tight, sometimes 90% or even 80% healing is all you need.

Profile Email
Maniak
 Wednesday, November 07 2012 @ 09:03 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Not general advice, but a response to Maniak: I used to use Gargleblasters on the drive back when we had trains, but now it tends to have run out long before I can have checked all the outposts. I have enough HP to soak up the burny fire for the 1-3 rounds it usually takes to grenade it to death, even on a rank 6.

Not a response to Matthew, but general advice: You can use the Comms Tent to help you find the Drive. If you're level 15, you'll be given the option to use hidden cameras. That'll tell you where the Drive is (or isn't!) for 2 cigs per try.

For more tips, have a look at the Strategy Hut one click North-East of NewHome.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
quinn
 Saturday, November 10 2012 @ 12:03 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

To the fruitCAKEs.

Aww... we managed to ditch the failCAKE moniker, but we're still fruitCAKEs, huh? Smile

Why can't we be chocolateCAKE? Or even carrotCAKE... You might have an argument to go as far as cheeseCAKE, but that might be pushing it!

Also, to be on topic: 1262 out of 1361? I am totally proud of my clan :3

Profile Email
jenkins
 Saturday, November 10 2012 @ 02:14 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: quinn

To the fruitCAKEs.

Aww... we managed to ditch the failCAKE moniker, but we're still fruitCAKEs, huh? Smile

You stopped being failCAKEs the moment me and Castor left, sorry.

Profile Email
Raine Bofirn
 Thursday, November 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Well, see, that's where luck and abooouuutt...five cigs come into play. At level 15, in the Comms Tent, there's a feature where you can use a camera to search for the Drive. It will look at one of the seven outposts at random, and tell you if the Drive is there or not through a short, written scene. Saves on the Req I used to buy teleporters to get to places like CC404. And plus, if you run from the Lab instead of going all the way in, you're automatically stuck back in the Spiderkitty. Which is absolutely convenient beyond measure, at the cost of a charm point, since that's where you get a Gargle. And invest in a hat.

So I've gotten a little time to figure out the methods of Pre-tea Preparation. Wink

Profile Email
Raine Bofirn
 Saturday, November 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

So we showed up Jenkins?

Profile Email
Matthew
 Sunday, November 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm aware. I'd just rather keep the cigs.

I'm an impulsive cig hoarder.

Even if I have long since run out of anything worthwhile to spend them on.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, November 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Jus' popping my head in to say that while five hundred bucks would be really nice, there's a lot that can happen in a life between October and January, so I'll totally understand if something goes wrong.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 1.67 seconds
New Topic Post Reply