Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Places > Places: Feedback and Development New Topic Post Reply
 Backend Backend Errors
 |  Printable Version
Ilovemath224
 Sunday, April 07 2013 @ 04:21 PM UTC (Read 989 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

It's been awhile since I actually tried to do some debugging on Mobile Base Alpha, but what I've found out while doing so is that the coding should work properly. In fact... In debug mode, it does exactly what it's supposed to.

Except that's not translating properly to the thoughts involved.

The coding should work now (for the most part) yet there are still errors that occur with actual thought values. Maybe it has to do with handling so many thoughts at once, but still... the coding should work properly, according to the debugging. It's because of this that I've concluded it's not my backend for the skill values acting up, but rather the programming backend.

And in case you're wondering what I'm talking about, it's the display values for the skills. Some of them don't show up as they should. I figured I may as well report this problem while I'm on the Enquirer anyways.

And to give whoever looks into this an idea of how the system is supposed to work: Each memory contains 6 skill values, one for each digit. They range from 0 to 6, and there is extensive programming put into translating each slot of each memory into the skill value it represents. Each memory used for this has a name that includes all 6 skills that said memory would include. The skill names are in the same order as the digits of the memory, from left to right. So having Archery, Automatics, Blades, Clubs, Dodge, Exotic Melee Weapon set to 302140 would mean that Archery has a skill value of 3, Automatics has a skill value of 0, Blades has a skill value of 2, Clubs has a skill value of 1, Dodge has a skill value of 4, and Exotic Melee Weapon has a skill value of 0. Same process applies for any memory and any number within that memory.

And yes, it should work within the current system.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.12 seconds
New Topic Post Reply