Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Places > Places: Programming Help New Topic Post Reply
 Place-based 'Semi-Global' Combat/Encounter System
 |  Printable Version
Dirk Vanderhuge
 Thursday, July 25 2013 @ 11:30 PM UTC (Read 1497 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

As some of you may be aware, I have been working on my White Whale of a Place-based programming project, a detailed combat system to be used inside a place, for solo play or groups. That system is operational, and I have begun the painstaking process of writing up the wiki pages for it, which can be found here:

http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=programming_combat_system

It's still a work in progress, but the overview may give you some tips/pointers for your own use.

Profile Email
Dirk Vanderhuge
 Monday, July 29 2013 @ 07:20 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I have edited the wiki so that this is included under the larger Places wiki page under Advanced Programming:

http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=places:advtutviii

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Friday, August 02 2013 @ 06:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

This is good stuff! It's really well thought out design, in particular the principle that this is all to aid RP rather to replace it.

I meant to link it in to the programming tutorial pages myself, but didn't get round to it. Busy real life etc. etc. I haven't actually managed to make it in to the Place to see it in action yet either. Soon.

Profile Email
Dirk Vanderhuge
 Saturday, August 03 2013 @ 06:44 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I have to carve out more time to finish and augment the wiki pages, but I think this is a good start. I believe I have a novel way to handle non-weapon/armor equipment that allows one to purchase or pick up items that will automatically be slotted to an empty memory space as needed. It's extracting them for use or sale from those slots that gets resource intensive. Still, I think people might be interested.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.33 seconds
New Topic Post Reply