Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Season Three Wild Speculation and Rumour Thread
 |  Printable Version
Hegemon
 Thursday, December 12 2013 @ 08:42 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Another fun thing would be to be able to create monsters *in* places, i.e. for training rooms or stuff like that. This is probably a stupid suggestion, but it's really all I can think of....

For the handed combat, will you gain skill for each slot separately? It seems like you should.

Also, customizeable weapons would be amazing, maybe with a point-based system? Something like what was suggested for mutants earlier?

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Thursday, December 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Hegemon

Another fun thing would be to be able to create monsters *in* places, i.e. for training rooms or stuff like that. This is probably a stupid suggestion, but it's really all I can think of....

For the handed combat, will you gain skill for each slot separately? It seems like you should.

Also, customizeable weapons would be amazing, maybe with a point-based system? Something like what was suggested for mutants earlier?

Your first idea already exists. Have you been to one of Dirk Vanderhuge's Places? He's made a couple of amazing tabletop-style systems that have their own combat, equipment and stats separate from the game's.

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
hajen
 Friday, December 13 2013 @ 12:57 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

ok read through the 9 pages and saw my favorite subject mentioned a couple of times, but never did see it be addressed from an official source, so ...

will there be PvP? and will it be completely avoidable?

i also saw that someone else remembers vending machines, which brings up -- what kind of gifting system and transferring of wealth systems will be in place? hell, what kind of currencies will be used?

"tis better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

Profile Email
Hegemon
 Friday, December 13 2013 @ 04:33 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: hajen

ok read through the 9 pages and saw my favorite subject mentioned a couple of times, but never did see it be addressed from an official source, so ...

CMJ said there would be consensual-only PvP in banter a while ago.... Not sure if that's changed though.

I'd assume Req and cigs would still be the currencies*. Maybe systems like the scrapyard market?

*This is a wild guess and I doubt the veracity of anything I've said. I'm just assuming that the same concepts will exist, not sure about the names.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, December 13 2013 @ 06:11 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

A BIG part of why I'm doing S3 in the first place is so that we can properly rebalance combat. Half of that is so that I can have combat in my quests and be able to have a reasonable chance of it being interesting and appropriately challenging for a given level - the other half, same idea, but for place owners.

Yes, you'll be able to use the combat system in Places.

As for hands, after much consideration and frustration, fuck the left-hand right-hand both-hands bollocks we're just going with Hands.

Customizable weapons - all weapons have their own level tree, and you get skill points to pour into that weapon's matrix. So one player who's reached level 100 in Baseball Bat might actually swing their bat in a completely different way to another player who's also reached level 100 in Baseball Bat. Add in a name-changer and presto. It's kinda built-in. Smile

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Friday, December 13 2013 @ 06:13 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

i also saw that someone else remembers vending machines, which brings up -- what kind of gifting system and transferring of wealth systems will be in place? hell, what kind of currencies will be used?

There will be PvP, and it will be completely opt-in. More of a consensual sparring, less of a S1-style random stabbing.

The battle engine - which I've been working on for close to a year, now - is built to support multiple players vs one monster, multiple monsters vs one player, npc's, pretty much any combination.

Profile Email Website
Docenspiel
 Friday, December 13 2013 @ 03:11 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

There will be PvP, and it will be completely opt-in. More of a consensual sparring, less of a S1-style random stabbing.

The battle engine - which I've been working on for close to a year, now - is built to support multiple players vs one monster, multiple monsters vs one player, npc's, pretty much any combination.

Does this mean we'll finally get to gang up on the crazy NewHome lady and show her how much we like her singing?

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Monday, December 16 2013 @ 08:40 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Customizable weapons - all weapons have their own level tree, and you get skill points to pour into that weapon's matrix. So one player who's reached level 100 in Baseball Bat might actually swing their bat in a completely different way to another player who's also reached level 100 in Baseball Bat. Add in a name-changer and presto. It's kinda built-in. Smile

So, theoretically, Player A could be just as effective with his kitchen knife as Player B is with her chainsaw?

I approve.

Profile Email
Hegemon
 Wednesday, January 08 2014 @ 05:30 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Another thing that I'd like (and other players too, I've asked around) would be access to preferences and inventory accessible everywhere. It would make RP much easier sometimes, as well as just making stuff easier to find. It's annoying to have to go to an outpost to change my Bio or Description because of something that happened in a (far-away) place. This is more a complaint though.... Confused

How customizable are we talking here? I mean, all a weapon does is add to attack. Attack and crit chance seem to be the only two choices for adding to. That'll make it more interesting though.... Big Grin Can't wait!

Profile Email
Trowa
 Wednesday, January 08 2014 @ 05:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

How customizable are we talking here? I mean, all a weapon does is add to attack. Attack and crit chance seem to be the only two choices for adding to. That'll make it more interesting though.... Big Grin Can't wait!

Well, in the game currently, there are weapons that also have buffs attached to them. One fine example is the Cat Launcher with its 10% reduction to enemy attack for being a scary weapon, whereas the other cat launchers have no such buff. Extrapolate to other weapons, and it may very well come down to something like how threatening are you with your baseball bat? Is it decorated with frightening imagery? Did you wrap barb wire around it? Maybe nail through poisonous spikes that deal continuous damage? Light it on fire? Wrap it with copper wire and attach a battery to it to electrocute monsters?

I see a world of possibilities opening up!

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Monday, March 10 2014 @ 04:58 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I think it would be neat if there is a Maintenance Mode for Season 3 when things need repairing. Something where Global Banter still works, and keeps everyone in the same spot so nobody can potentially break things getting modified. Maybe locks people wherever they are, or dumps everyone into the same space, then drops them all back when Maintenance Mode is done? I think it would be useful for players and admin alike, so folks don't get spun up into a panic when things seemingly break.

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Monday, December 22 2014 @ 08:31 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I hear that in Season Three all of the skins will be identical save for CSS, and lose their dependence on tables for formatting, to become cool, hip, and HTML5-y

I also hear that, to control post-DK hording, gifts sent to other characters will appear in their inventories instantaneously, sans any wrapping, and thus be wiped out with a DK if applicable.

Profile Email Website
Waldo
 Saturday, June 13 2015 @ 03:14 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Make watery areas useful. (fish?)

Make Magpies more of a thing.

Make Godhood achievable.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.17 seconds
New Topic Post Reply