Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Program Building App, Maybe?
 |  Printable Version
Genevieve
 Monday, September 09 2013 @ 11:04 PM UTC (Read 972 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm posting this in out-of-game because it technically would be, but it'd be a helpful tool for the game.

I don't have the technical wherewithal to come up with this, but wouldn't it be snazzy if there was a web application that was just the images of programming stuff and grids in a drag-and-drop style builder (like a dress up doll game) that exists just for helping people flesh out programming ideas, teach people programming, or take screen shots of programming plans for future use.

The only reason I ask is I'm the type who a) receives a ton of programming help and b) gives just as much.

We've already got all the individual images on-hand since Mr. Hall has so kindly made this a graphical interface, I dunno if it's kosher to use those in another web app but since no profit would be made of it I suppose it'd be alright.

I think it'd be really useful for people who are learning programming as they go (like me) or know how to program but still like to test (like a lot of people I know) as it cuts out things like using up spare grids or needing to find C&Cs.

It'd be a design toolbox that in no way affects in-game things, just a resource, like Trowa's logging document. Something to make life a little bit easier.

The downside of this, of course, is you cannot test the effects of these programs, but you at least have an idea of the layout before testing it, which is a huge step up from blindly barreling into things and hoping it works.

Just a thought.

also it'd be great for documenting Programming processes, especially if some manner of, I dunno... labeling system could be added to this little app, for notes.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.14 seconds
New Topic Post Reply