Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 *minigame* Do not use this symbol
 |  Printable Version
Sneaky
 Friday, November 08 2013 @ 02:33 PM UTC (Read 3182 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

((Rule: The first one to post a given symbol within about twenty or so posts gets stabbed. Then a new one is picked. Upper and lower case count in case of letters. Quoting and similar forum functions never count.))

((Rule: You just get a Stab counter if you mess up. That's about it. You can keep playing.))

Post in character if one desires, conversate, however if I see anyone type the letter U one more time I think i'm gonna flip.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/560/004/989.gif

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Friday, November 08 2013 @ 04:53 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Do we call it cheating if, for this game, Brits revert to American spelling?

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Friday, November 08 2013 @ 06:02 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I, for one, have no intention of swapping spelling systems. "Color" has always made me think of shirt collars rather than shades of paints or rainbows, and many words seem incomplete after being cored like an apple. However, "Armor" is the in-game title, if I recall correctly?

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Sneaky
 Friday, November 08 2013 @ 06:15 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Do we call it cheating if, for this game, Brits revert to American spelling?

Oh wow, I did not think of that, that was far beyond how I intended to offend by this thinly veiled topic on stabbing people... f*ck it, the Brits still can't.

Neither can the other Brit wannabes. Like Not-America.

Quote by: Buddleia

I, for one, have no intention of swapping spelling systems. "Color" has always made me think of shirt collars rather than shades of paints or rainbows, and many words seem incomplete after being cored like an apple. However, "Armor" is the in-game title, if I recall correctly?

It is. That reminds me, the Watcher tends to go between British and American spellings.

I read that back when I Am The Watcher was first released and always wondered.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Friday, November 08 2013 @ 06:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Sneaky

It is. That reminds me, the Watcher tends to go between British and American spellings.

I read that back when I Am The Watcher was first released and always wondered.

I say it's simply writer error. Clearly CMJ has spent too long in the Colonies. We Yankees tend to have that effect on others.

Or, maybe, possibly, it might be The Watcher is training her accent to be more accommodating to international contestants?

Naah. I think it's simply CMJ's spell-checker is set to American.

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Sneaky
 Friday, November 08 2013 @ 08:44 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Trowa

Clearly CMJ has spent too long in the Colonies. We Yankees tend to have that effect on others.

Or, maybe, possibly, it might be The Watcher is training her accent to be more accommodating to international contestants?

It was an eye-opener to learn how many actors in The Walking Dead are really British people with British accents. Especially the man who plays Morgan (Lennie James).

Profile Email
Trowa
 Friday, November 08 2013 @ 09:26 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Sneaky

It was an eye-opener to learn how many actors in The Walking Dead are really British people with British accents. Especially the man who plays Morgan (Lennie James).

Excellent point! Improbable Island is on television, after all! However, I seem to recall from somewhere that CMJ has made many jibes at American spelling, leading me to believe he doesn't intentionally employ it. Not like my Brit friends in this thread.

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, November 08 2013 @ 10:56 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Oh bloody hell. I don't even have a spellcheck going in my editor, or it'd redline all my variable names and so forth. Yeah, this is simply me being inattentive.

Profile Email Website
Clueless
 Tuesday, November 12 2013 @ 05:29 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Hell, and I was going to say that he had no spell checker at all beca-

Mmm.. D-

At all. It is plainly evident to everyone that he needs nothing of the sort as he is far too skilled a writer. And things like that. Aye.

I have noticed that when places are concerned it is sometimes easiest to place everything in a spell checker after the decorating has been done so that none of the code is shown.

Well, for other people's places. When I don't simply read them. I have my own tactic for my own work, mostly involving being completely American and writing in OpenOffice or the like with spaces to separate codes from words. A Find&Replace from ' `' to '`' eliminates the extra spaces after I am satisfied with things and reclaims the 'lost' characters generated by the extra spaces.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, November 12 2013 @ 07:20 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

One needs to be extra-vigilant when working with word processors. They will try to "Help" in decidedly silly ways sometimes. It's why I prefer a nice plain-text editor. One of many reasons, really.

Profile Email Website
Clueless
 Tuesday, November 12 2013 @ 09:20 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Ah, yes, like how they try to help by replacing certain symbols with fancier versions which don't work with the Island chat system..

So annoying.

Or, worse, doing formatting on its own!

Grrrrr... So many many times has it screwed that royally!

By the way, this is the tenth reply post with none of that vile symbol Sneaky seems to have something against.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.95 seconds
New Topic Post Reply