Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Results of /roll x y
 |  Printable Version
Proginoskes
 Thursday, December 11 2014 @ 08:49 PM UTC (Read 1991 times)  
Forum Newbie

It would be nice if /roll x y actually listed what you rolled when x is smaller than, say, 6. Some games care about how a given result is rolled, and it would be nice to have such a facility available. More immediately, I'm thinking of getting into roleplay and turning Proginoskes the character into an differently-crazy Joker next DK: he'll think he's an Ethereal Spirit from some variant of the setting of SJG's In Nomine, and back this up by determining how successful his actions are by rolling three 6-sided dice. It'd be nice to be able to roll the D666 on occasion, and play out Interventions or extraordinary rolls if I get them.
Actually, it might be better to create a new commentary command that implements this instead of overloading /roll further. Call it /listroll or something.

Profile Email
Twosocks Monkey
 Thursday, December 11 2014 @ 10:08 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

If nothing is changed to the code you can always do it with specials. No symbol but otherwise you'd get whatever you wanted.

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Proginoskes
 Friday, December 12 2014 @ 12:23 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

If I didn't want actual randomness, I'd just pose it: The /roll command output starts with "PlayerName rolled", so no need to burn a quill. I suppose I could just roll actual physical dice and pose the results, though.

Profile Email
LydiaDefountain
 Sunday, December 14 2014 @ 04:05 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

When in a rp that I want rolls for... a lot of then rather then one or two or more complicated ones the website rolz.org is rather useful... can make rooms and if the others join they can see the rolls if they don't trust you rolling your own... and it has the roll three dice and see how for take highest and ect. I use it for fight scenes... more because I find a roll helps me figure the tone on how well I might be winning or loosing today

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.39 seconds
New Topic Post Reply