Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Lester's Crackpot idea(s)
 |  Printable Version
Lester Roquefort
 Saturday, December 13 2014 @ 06:24 AM UTC (Read 1933 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I'm gunna post my weird ideas for the island here and keep posting in this thread when i get a "crackpot idea"

1. My newest idea is a sort of "Damage for Money" idea, kinda like they do in Binding of Isaac. Yes, i'm aware of how abusable it is, i do it all the time in BoI. S'how i got to 30 pennies.

In response to that, i suggest it take a chunk out of your Maximum health for a day (Not chronosphereable). Or stamina, too, if you'd rather. Same rules apply.

Also, you could dry yourself down to 1/1 hp, but you'd be stuck with that for 3 hours. Same with stamina, you wouldn't be able to breath for 3 RL hours. Or if you wanna be mean about it, 2 newdays.

Or, it could start an independant timer and stack, depending on how many times you use it.

Profile Email
Kolojang
 Saturday, December 13 2014 @ 10:46 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Can you elaborate on what exactly does this entails? Like others I'm sure, I'm not familiar with the game you referenced. Also the balancing mechanics you propose seem overly complicated.

Profile Email
Lester Roquefort
 Sunday, December 14 2014 @ 07:39 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Right, Binding of Isaac is a rather depressing game about a young boy and... Well... i'll just quote the intro here.

[Isaac and his mother, lived alone in a small house on a hill. Isaac kept to himself, drawing pictures and playing with his toys while his mom watched Christian broadcasts on the television. Life was simple, and they were both happy. That was until one day Isaac's mom heard a voice from above.

"Your son has been corrupted by sin! He needs to be saved!"

"I will do my best to save him, my lord." Isaacs mother replied, rushing into Isaacs room, removing all that was "evil" from his life.

Again, the voice called to her. "Isaac's soul is still corrupt, he needs to be cut off from all that is evil in this world and confess his sins."

"I will follow your instructions, Lord, i have faith in thee." Isaac's mother replied as she locked Isaac in his room, away from all the "evils" in the world.

One last time, Isaacs mother heard the voice of God calling to her. "You have done as i have asked, but i still question your devotion to me. To prove your faith i will ask one more thing of you."

"Yes Lord, anything." Isaac's mother begged.

"To prove your love and devotion, i require a sacrifice. Your son Isaac will be this sacrifice. Go into his room and end his life as an offering to me to prove you love me above all else."

"Yes, Lord." She replied, grabbing a butchers knife from the kitchen.

Isaac, watching through a crack in his door trembled in fear. Scrambleing around his room to find a hiding place, he noticed a trap door to the basement hidden under his rug. Without hesitation he flung open the hatch just as his mother burst through his door and flung himself into the unknown depths below.]

Profile Email
Lester Roquefort
 Sunday, December 14 2014 @ 07:54 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Right, Binding of Isaac is a rather depressing game about a young boy and... Well... i'll just quote the intro here.

Quote by: Lester+Roquefort

[Isaac and his mother, lived alone in a small house on a hill. Isaac kept to himself, drawing pictures and playing with his toys while his mom watched Christian broadcasts on the television. Life was simple, and they were both happy. That was until one day Isaac's mom heard a voice from above.

"Your son has been corrupted by sin! He needs to be saved!"

"I will do my best to save him, my lord." Isaacs mother replied, rushing into Isaacs room, removing all that was "evil" from his life.

Again, the voice called to her. "Isaac's soul is still corrupt, he needs to be cut off from all that is evil in this world and confess his sins."

"I will follow your instructions, Lord, i have faith in thee." Isaac's mother replied as she locked Isaac in his room, away from all the "evils" in the world.

One last time, Isaacs mother heard the voice of God calling to her. "You have done as i have asked, but i still question your devotion to me. To prove your faith i will ask one more thing of you."

"Yes Lord, anything." Isaac's mother begged.

"To prove your love and devotion, i require a sacrifice. Your son Isaac will be this sacrifice. Go into his room and end his life as an offering to me to prove you love me above all else."

"Yes, Lord." She replied, grabbing a butchers knife from the kitchen.

Isaac, watching through a crack in his door trembled in fear. Scrambleing around his room to find a hiding place, he noticed a trap door to the basement hidden under his rug. Without hesitation he flung open the hatch just as his mother burst through his door and flung himself into the unknown depths below.]

In other words, it's a bullet hell game.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Sunday, December 14 2014 @ 02:30 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I now know what the general premise of Binding of Issac is now, but not what the specific "Damage for Money" mechanism is. Could you let me know what that is, and why you might want to lose a specific chunk out of stam/max health?

Sorry, but I still don't really know what you're on about.

Profile Email
Lea.wolfsfeld
 Sunday, December 14 2014 @ 03:18 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I think I get the general idea of it.

In BOI you could sacrifice a portion of your life for a quick source of income.

On the island I don't know how that would really work. Also, it would be abused to no end as people would just wait out the timer if there was one.

But, it does spark a thought. At the moment you can get more exp for taking on difficult fights. Possibly more req but I haven't really paid attention to it. BUT, perhaps by lowering your HP for a set number of fights you can get a boosted req payout. The monsters are still at the same level of difficulty but you have suddenly a lot less HP to work with. Probably be done in stages set by percent of health taken away.

Greater challenge equals greater reward? Then again there are weapons that would make it too easy...

Profile Email
Trowa
 Wednesday, December 17 2014 @ 05:03 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Lea.wolfsfeld

BUT, perhaps by lowering your HP for a set number of fights you can get a boosted req payout. The monsters are still at the same level of difficulty but you have suddenly a lot less HP to work with. Probably be done in stages set by percent of health taken away.

So, similar to how the Glory system works, only for Req instead of fame?

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.66 seconds
New Topic Post Reply