Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Suggestion: Jungle fight availability dependent on threat levels
 |  Printable Version
Miyuki
 Thursday, January 08 2015 @ 05:08 AM UTC (Read 1357 times)  
Forum Newbie

I made this petition in-game, and when I mentioned it in banter I was told posting it here would be a good idea, so others could discuss it. So, here it is.

WHAT: I've noticed that there are a lot of bases that don't get a lot of attention, breaching frequently, while other bases (most notably Kittania and Newhome) are in a constant state of peacefulness.
HOW: It's always happening; you don't really need to do anything to trigger it, other than just let players do what they always do.
WHERE: Mostly Cyber City, but Pleasantville, New Pitt, AceHigh, and Squat Hole have issues.
WHEN: I'd imagine it's been going on for a long time now.

Players don't really seem to care where they're jungling; Halving or doubling requisition payouts doesn't seem to be an incentive at all to jungle/not jungle in a swarming/peaceful outpost, and I have a suggestion for changing this overall apathy at the state of the island outposts.

1: If the outpost is peaceful, only allow someone to fight easy fights there, unless they're level 1, in which case they can fight normally. The place is too peaceful to find a REAL fight. There's too many people out there in the jungle, hunting, and anything that provides any real sport has already been killed. Only hunters that are, themselves, very weak can find a monster that provides any challenge.

2: If the outpost is in quiet times, a player may fight normally. There's not much going on out there. Sure, you can find some sport out there, but the real challenges have already been hunted down.

3: If the outpost is requesting assistance, tough fights are available. Clearly there's a lot of action going on out there. The monsters are running unchecked, and stronger varieties are starting to gather, preparing to attack the outpost.

4: If the outpost is in a critical situation or higher, suicidal fights are available. The outpost is being overwhelmed by all the nasties gathering around; the jungle has been left unchecked for too long, and has turned into a nest of the meanest things you've ever seen. Clearly, the situation is getting out of control, and the outpost needs YOU to come help them handle it.

Profile Email
JonT
 Saturday, January 10 2015 @ 11:53 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

The major problem I can see with this is it will make jungling and grinding a hassle. Let's say I start out in Newhome and I want to do a quick DK. Everywhere is peaceful except for CC. I'd have to transverse the map to get fights that get an acceptable amount of EXP. It's harder one lower levels especially level one to afford items like OST's to get to areas like CC to fight for actual gain. I just see this as becoming more of an annoyance than a helpful feature.

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Sunday, January 11 2015 @ 03:07 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Pfffthaha, "frequently breached". 404 and Pitts are breached twice a week for an hour. Two years ago, they were only unbreached for half an hour every two weeks. It's been made abundantly apparent that most people don't want to deal with Onslaught (the breach module). Hindering their playing of the game isn't going to make them like it.

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
Lea.wolfsfeld
 Sunday, January 11 2015 @ 11:41 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

High threat levels are not a problem as you just have to mention it in banter.

Someone will fix it.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.39 seconds
New Topic Post Reply