Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Lester's Crazy Idea #2
 |  Printable Version
Lester Roquefort
 Wednesday, June 24 2015 @ 04:20 AM UTC (Read 1401 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Familiars... i think that's the word...

I remember in MUDS that you could talk through another being using a command and it would come out as if that thing was a different person.

I think it would be handy for people like me to be able to make something (and destroy it, of course) so that i could talk through it and not have to use peach colored text.
Yes, i'm also implying you could run around the island and have it's own battles as that "Familiar" as well and have said "Familiar" have it's own profile similar in level and experience to it's owner as well.

You're probably saying: "Why don't you make an alt?"

Because of two reasons. I don't know about you guys, but i plan to only use said alt for a month at most and then forget about it.
The second is because i'd have to actually play on it so i don't look like a total noob using it and i know for a fact that story success relies entirely on what's in your description and whats in your profile. Call ill faith on me if you want, but i've seen it to be true constantly.

Game wise, you could involve it into battles with your player if you want. That'd be a little laboring imo though.

Profile Email
Proginoskes
 Saturday, July 25 2015 @ 05:53 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I've never encountered a MUD with this kind of thing before. FuzzBall MUCK has puppets, but MUCKs don't generally have any kind of combat or leveling systems: they're pure role-playing.

On that note, it would be useful for role-play if one could pretend to be two of the people in a room. Unfortunately, I don't think puppets as they exist in fbmuck are really possible for the Island engine. Maybe something like "masks": set up one or more alternate identities made up of name, physdesc, chatcol, and optionally custom race. Having done so, you can switch between IC chatspace identities with a /command, something like "/donmask ".

Masks would have to cost Supporter Points, since all the other role-playing tools do. A player's first would probably cost as much or more than an Extra Official Title Change Document and a Cunning Disguise Cunningly Disguised with a Cunning Disguise combined, since it duplicates those functions and does more besides; additional masks could be purchased at significantly reduced cost to have more prepared identities.

Profile Email
Lester Roquefort
 Sunday, July 26 2015 @ 01:49 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Wouldn't the load be too much if there's 10 people doing /donmask on and off? You'd have to deal with the idiot doing that just for spite... >.>

I don't know much, mind you, i'm just the guy with the crazy idea.

Other than that worry, that sounds awesome. (And definately worth the excuse to give CMJ more money)

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.32 seconds
New Topic Post Reply