Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Development New Topic Post Reply
 The April Tool
 |  Printable Version
Zoinks
 Friday, April 01 2016 @ 01:23 AM UTC (Read 3461 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

April of 2016's newest Memento...
YOU!
The April Tool!

Haha, so funny. Not really. I love you all. None of your are tools.

Anyways, this nifty tool is, like a, 1/20th, to scale, masonry and woodworking shop. Isn't that neat? It fits in the palm of your hand!

What it does, game wise, is lower the stamina cost of Masonry and Carpentry actions. What I want to know is... by how much.

I'll be testing this in the future, but anyone who gets it early and figures it out, feel free to post here!

Profile Email
Zoinks
 Friday, April 01 2016 @ 08:05 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

In testing, it seems to... not affect costs at all. For anything?

It's weird. I've petitioned it, but again, if anyone else tests, feel free to post your findings here.

Profile Email
Zoinks
 Friday, April 01 2016 @ 09:04 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Alright. I had a few others test last night and they got the same results as I did, nothing.

However, I check today and my petition was closed. So I went to test and it seems the April Tool works great!

It gives you a 2% discount on the stamina costs of Carpentry and Masonry. Emphasis on those two because it only affects cutting down wood and picking at stone

And by 2% I mean 2% of the total cost, not 2% stamina. For example, at level 100 and as a Robot, Carpentry costs 1.4% stamina, exactly. Or 14,000 stamina points. 2% of 14,000 is 280. 14,000 - 280 is 13,720. Converted back to % that would still be 1.4%, because the system rounds up. But, on your Stamina page, you can see the change!

Also, another note. You won't get the buffs the second you purchase the April Tool. In order to get the buffs it must be in your backpack when you NewDay.

Happy building!

tl;dr: April Tool gives you a 2% discount on chopping wood and picking stones.

Profile Email
Zoinks
 Saturday, April 02 2016 @ 01:14 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Zoinks

tl;dr: April Tool gives you a 2% discount on chopping wood and picking stones.

NOPE.

I totally mucked this up. The April Tool actually gives a 2% discount to building USING wood and stone. Not gathering supplies.

Whoopsy!

Profile Email
McDerp
 Wednesday, April 06 2016 @ 01:48 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Ahh and here I thought it'd be more useful.

"Life is too short for regret, let's leave it a little better then we found it."

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Thursday, April 07 2016 @ 02:34 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: McDerp

Monthly Mementos aren't supposed to provide big advantages. They're extras -- like a smile, a joke, a handshake, a little thank-you card for donating. In New Orleans they'd be called lagniappe!

After all, you do still get your Supporter Points which you can spend as you please.

Profile Email
Zoinks
 Thursday, April 07 2016 @ 02:55 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Monthly Mementos aren't supposed to provide big advantages. They're extras -- like a smile, a joke, a handshake, a little thank-you card for donating. In New Orleans they'd be called lagniappe!

After all, you do still get your Supporter Points which you can spend as you please.

I meant to say this yesterday, but whatever...

It actually is quite useful. Bigger Places require HUGE amounts of jobs. In the hundreds. And each job requires MANY actions of Masonry and Carpentry. Many.
Overall, it leads to a HUGE difference, and lets you do that many more actions, and make that much bigger of a Place.

I was going to do some maths to prove this, but... Eh.
Still. Big difference. April Tool is a wonderful MM.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Thursday, April 07 2016 @ 03:39 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Ah, I stand corrected! (Woops. Should have done the math...)

Oops!

I'm going to say something about this... there are people who'll be glad to know.

Profile Email
Zoinks
 Thursday, April 07 2016 @ 03:54 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Ah, I stand corrected! (Woops. Should have done the math...)

Oops!

I'm going to say something about this... there are people who'll be glad to know.

... My intention there wasn't to go against what you said. Sorry if it seemed I was trying to discredit you.

The reason, though, it seems so small is that, as I've seen, people don't tend to look at the largest picture. For this game, I try to. I recently learned the term 'minmaxing.' I feel that's appropriate for this.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Thursday, April 07 2016 @ 06:02 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Hey, no prob. I knew you weren't slagging me. That was me kicking myself, is all. I love minmaxers.

Including this one...

Profile Email
McDerp
 Friday, April 08 2016 @ 12:51 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Zoinks

I meant to say this yesterday, but whatever...

It actually is quite useful. Bigger Places require HUGE amounts of jobs. In the hundreds. And each job requires MANY actions of Masonry and Carpentry. Many.
Overall, it leads to a HUGE difference, and lets you do that many more actions, and make that much bigger of a Place.

I was going to do some maths to prove this, but... Eh.
Still. Big difference. April Tool is a wonderful MM.

I'm starting to understand, new to the whole building thing myself. I guess I'll be glad I got one when I go to build my place. Thanks guys.

"Life is too short for regret, let's leave it a little better then we found it."

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.90 seconds
New Topic Post Reply