Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Season Two Planning Forum New Topic Post Reply
 Season 1.5
 |  Printable Version
Hermein
 Thursday, March 12 2009 @ 08:28 PM UTC (Read 1449 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Our e-mail deprived leader speaks:

I'm going to try and sort out all the outstanding Petitions over this weekend, and get back on track for coding up Season Two. The current ETA is "When it's Done," but I find myself leaning more and more towards releasing a Season 1.5 update. I'm painfully aware that I've been writing ludicrous amounts of new content that's not actually being played yet because it's for S2, while you lot linger in a world that hasn't changed much over the past couple of months. It doesn't seem right, it doesn't seem fair, and I'd like to address that if I can. Thoughts and suggestions are always welcome in the Enquirer.

I've seen some of the new, ludicrous content for S2, and I have to say that it will be worth the wait. But speaking purely for myself, I think that there are enough player-generated plotlines rolling along in S1 to keep busy for a while. Between the Wind, the disappearance of Bernard, whatever Sicpuess is up to, whatever Skidge is up to, Bernard's sandwich, horse, and shoe trees wandering around, Teia and Theo, occasional dances and celebrations (you should get engaged more often! that was fun!) and probably six other things I've forgotten, there's a lot to do. Plus the usual jungle fights, scavenging, etc. which nobody seems to be tired of, just yet.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to finish building a machine to decode whatever Alandre and Tor are going on about in AceHigh. . .

Profile Email
SicPuess
 Thursday, March 12 2009 @ 08:48 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

True, that. However, all that involves mainly about... well, about thirty players, most of which are veterans. Therefore, while I personally would happily wait for S2 (and not 1.5 or whatever) - maybe because I had a glance at it already -, you, CMJ, could get one or two things into S1 to keep it interesting for those who focus on the Playing Of The Game. Maybe the meeting with Mr Havelock Stern?

Or Paris. As a rare event. Twisted Evil

Then again, my fuzzbrain now has to lay more waste to Kittania. Can't focus on two things at once.

Profile Email
Hermein
 Thursday, March 12 2009 @ 10:05 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

We'll always have Paris. Actually, you can have Paris. . .

Profile Email
Tor NaGoth
 Friday, March 13 2009 @ 05:22 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I must say, I find myself in agreement with Hermein. Though I understand Sic's reasoning as well. From my perspective, there is still plenty to do in S1. Mr Stearn's quest would be a welcome addition. And maybe the occasional treasure hunt. But for the most part, I'm willing to wait.

Profile Email
Bernard
 Friday, March 13 2009 @ 08:55 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm a bit busy with my sandwich to be buggered with any half-measures, thanks.

(Trans: There's lots going on, and give us half a chance, we'll have the whole island playing along and besides I'm salivating at the thought of Season 2, let's let you get that right, even if it does turn into... Was it Duke Nukem 2?)

Profile Email
Anonymous: SinkOrSwim
 Thursday, March 19 2009 @ 04:25 PM UTC  

Quote by: Bernard

(Trans: There's lots going on, and give us half a chance, we'll have the whole island playing along and besides I'm salivating at the thought of Season 2, let's let you get that right, even if it does turn into... Was it Duke Nukem 2?)

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!!! (Well, he is taking forever, so it's half right...)

Erm, anyhoo.

As a relative newcomer, I have to say that i think there's LOADS going on, features I haven't figured out yet (The Gauntlet ?), lots of strange storylines, lots of just general randomness. And I have to say I very much like it all - this is the first RPG (if that's the right term) I've ever played, and it does keep me very entertained.

That said, shiny new things are always very much appreciated. I'd rather a whole raft of shiny new things in a v2.0 rather than a couple in a v1.5.

As an aside, anyone explain to me (in a distraction or otherwise) what the ettiquette is for joining in on any of these plotlines?! I occasionally get paranoid that I've annoyed people by contributing, but that's probably just me... Neutral

SinkOrSwim
 Thursday, March 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

And why did I not log in before I posted that. Dur...!

... Grace is just the measure of a fall ...

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Thursday, March 19 2009 @ 11:08 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: SinkOrSwim

Quote by: Bernard

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!!! (Well, he is taking forever, so it's half right...)

Erm, anyhoo.

As a relative newcomer, I have to say that i think there's LOADS going on, features I haven't figured out yet (The Gauntlet ?), lots of strange storylines, lots of just general randomness. And I have to say I very much like it all - this is the first RPG (if that's the right term) I've ever played, and it does keep me very entertained.

That said, shiny new things are always very much appreciated. I'd rather a whole raft of shiny new things in a v2.0 rather than a couple in a v1.5.

As an aside, anyone explain to me (in a distraction or otherwise) what the ettiquette is for joining in on any of these plotlines?! I occasionally get paranoid that I've annoyed people by contributing, but that's probably just me... Neutral

Rule of thumb SOS, don't throw yourself in. When people are having some kind of duel or 'Moment' or something, you shouldn't interject or hijack. (Not saying you have, just giving an idea.) Just, usually when people have intense story lines, there's been a lot of planning involved in it. Hijacking can ruin all the planning.

--Truth be told, the reason I'm involved in this plotline was because -ahem- total accident...

Oh yeah. I don't think I've given my input on this. I say play it close to the chest. Throw down a royal when you've got no chips left and blow us out of the water with cool stuff.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Anonymous: duphenix
 Friday, March 20 2009 @ 10:11 PM UTC  

Is there anywhere one can get a recap of the storylines?

I hit several towns a gameday, but still I know I'm missing half the story, and the rest of the bits are a bit confusing without the rest (not that the whole thing wouldn't be confusing, but better confused for the right reasons)

Anyways I'd like an actual honest to goodness invasion of the island where the contestants need to fight off something more organized than eythgim inbreeders. Or perhaps something even more insidious an unexpected infectious outbreak of normality.

Bernard
 Saturday, March 21 2009 @ 07:37 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: duphenix

Is there anywhere one can get a recap of the storylines?

Anyways I'd like an actual honest to goodness invasion of the island where the contestants need to fight off something more organized than eythgim inbreeders. Or perhaps something even more insidious an unexpected infectious outbreak of normality.

Let me introduce you to my sandwich...

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.65 seconds
New Topic Post Reply