Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Season Two Planning Forum New Topic Post Reply
 Work in progress: New default S2 theme
 |  Printable Version
CavemanJoe
 Sunday, April 05 2009 @ 09:53 PM UTC (Read 1682 times)  
Forum Admin
Admin

Go take a look at seasontwo.improbableisland.com and select the Leather theme. This, or something like it, will probably end up being the default theme for S2. The old theme will still be available.

Bear in mind it's a work-in-progress - what do you think?

Profile Email Website
Hermein
 Sunday, April 05 2009 @ 10:42 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Nice. Clean look, and it adapts to my wide window setting, which the old theme didn't do. The green text in the Info panes on the right is rather low-contrast against the background, but I think that's the only thing I would change.

Profile Email
SicPuess
 Sunday, April 05 2009 @ 10:58 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Colour codes ^ and 6 are a bit hard to read, the standard & grey isn't too clear either.

The backgrounds of the Actions and the Info column are shifted in comparison to the middle column, and the license badge and the corresponding text is attached right to the chatspace. I'd shift that to the bottom again.

I'm uncertain what to think of the top, but for now I'm just going to say I like it altogether.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Sunday, April 05 2009 @ 11:13 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

The same theme is at improbableisland.com/themetest, the semi-official skin repository and testing site for Legend of the Green Dragon. You can test every colour code on one page, there.

At first I thought "Aw, fuck, that looked a LOT better in PhotoShop without any text on it." I thought it looked muddy, dark and depressing. But I had just been looking at the regular site, which is much brighter. I think I could get used to it - maybe some higher-contrast text colours. They're the same ones as used on the default Island theme for now.

Profile Email Website
Anonymous: Twitching Bob
 Tuesday, April 07 2009 @ 06:27 PM UTC  

It's particularly hard work in the Stamina informative popup, and the Distractions page - different backgrounds, but the colours are just the wrong ones. I'm using Console for the moment.

CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, April 07 2009 @ 07:12 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

I've not done anything with the popups yet - they're actually rendered from a different template.

Profile Email Website
Anonymous: Twitching Bob
 Tuesday, April 07 2009 @ 11:28 PM UTC  

After that spot of negativity, I should add that I do like the theme - it's on the same prettiness level as the current s1 default, and a bit more restful on the eyes. Seems a bit classier too.

Content generated in: 0.46 seconds
New Topic Post Reply