Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Season Two Planning Forum New Topic Post Reply
 Constructing a dwelling on the S2 test server
 |  Printable Version
Hermein
 Thursday, June 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM UTC (Read 2266 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

. . . doesn't seem to work. You can start the process, buy materials, etc. but the server won't let you work on the house. This has been the case ever since the launch of the test server's new Stamina system, so I suspect a missing hook. I'm only bringing it up because it's the last thing I'm aware of that doesn't work.

Incidentally there is a trick to getting a dwelling of your own - it appears that when someone starts a shack and then has their account deleted from inactivity, the shack goes onto the for sale list. There were three such shacks in Kittania from former testers. So I can confirm that it is possible to buy and own a dwelling, you just can't build your own.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, June 18 2009 @ 10:01 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Thanks for the report - I'll add this to the bugs list, although what with Stamina and the Item system, I'm tempted to remove Dwellings entirely from the S2 launch and rewrite them from the ground up.

More details would be handy - what exactly happens when you try to work on a house? Does the nav simply not appear, or is there an error message? Does it pertain to Turns?

Profile Email Website
Hermein
 Friday, June 19 2009 @ 01:03 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Hrmph. I sold my half-completed shack in order to buy the abandoned one in Kittania, so I can't get to that routine any more (and with S2 being so stingy on cigs, I don't have any to start another shack elsewhere) The server would allow me to select "construction on your dwelling" but then wouldn't allow me to do any actual construction, and I tried this several times over a period of a few weeks so it wasn't just a matter of not having enough Stamina on one particular day. I believe the message was something like "Working is great, especially when you aren't doing anything"

Profile Email
Hermein
 Friday, June 19 2009 @ 01:07 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Aha! I had a shack already started in IC Wink I'm on this page:
http://seasontwo.improbableisland.com/runmodule.php?module=dwellings&c=23-140356

The link that I'm selecting is "Construction on... Your shack", which takes me to:
http://seasontwo.improbableisland.com/runmodule.php?module=dwellings&op=build&type=dwshacks&dwid=6&c=24-140400

And gives me this message:
Doing some work is quite refreshening, isn't it. Especially if you are not doing anything.

I've 120.96 Stamina and haven't done anything else in this game day. And I just cashed in some DP for more cigs, so I'm ready to try building another shack somewhere else if that's worthwhile testing.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.35 seconds
New Topic Post Reply