Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Cross-races
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: Tyson
 Monday, July 27 2009 @ 02:59 AM UTC (Read 2349 times)  

This is been bugging me, but I can't think of ONE good reason I can't be a zombie kittymorph, or a Joker Gobot.
Is this ever benn considered/Planed to be a feature?

Symar
 Monday, July 27 2009 @ 03:12 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

First off, just RP it that way.
There were plenty of kittymorph Jokers, or Jokermorphs, in season one.

When I get to robots, I'm going to be a kittybot for sure.

Secondly, Dan hinted at Jokers being more of a template than an actual race... in season three. Which is at least a year away. So you could be a Joker + Robot, or Joker + Zombie, or whathaveyou. Subject to Change.

Profile Email
SinkOrSwim
 Monday, July 27 2009 @ 08:51 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

As Symar says, be whatever you like. I'm a werewolf, Gompmire was a doggymorph, Chimental's a big lizard and there's lots of Jokermorphs out there. Just say the words...

... Grace is just the measure of a fall ...

Profile Email
Fergus
 Monday, July 27 2009 @ 03:24 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Oi! Don't be fergettin' 'bout me!

In other words, yes you can only be one solid race for battling (Imaging how hard it would be to balance something like a zombie kittymorph in battle. Any bonuses you get from being cute are nullified from being a zombie and vice versa), but for roleplaying you can be whatever you want. If you're so inclined, turn off the display of your race and weapon in the preferences section and just start roleplaying as whatever you wish.

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Monday, July 27 2009 @ 04:16 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Tshshh, Sink -- don't let Chimental hear you. He's not just a big lizard, he is a lizard who has been transmutated by one of S1-Dan's potions such that he is a humanoid with great big leathery wings who was transmutated by the Improbability Drive beforehand and leads a mass of monsters who are currently incognito and oh no what will happen when the potion wears off. Wink

Just teasing, I'm the one who plays someone who used to be one of Pavlov's dogs and is now rather more the coyote.

But, yeah -- as Fergus points out, you'd get buff cancellation and.. there's a good reason that it isn't currently in that it would be tedious to code and balance all the combinations, and.. there are more important things to tackle right now. Maybe somewhere down the line.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Chimental
 Monday, July 27 2009 @ 05:38 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

First of all, Zolo, that was the best description I've heard of me yet.

Second of all, I think it would be strange to see a mutant/kittymorph or a joker/zombie or even making a
joker/kittymorph/zombie/midget.

I felt a shiver go up my spine just typing that.

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Bernard
 Monday, July 27 2009 @ 05:49 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

UB is currently a Mexican Midget Wrestler. I'm actually role-playing this character. It isn't a race, believe it or not!

Profile Email
Symar
 Monday, July 27 2009 @ 09:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Chimental

First of all, Zolo, that was the best description I've heard of me yet.

Second of all, I think it would be strange to see a mutant/kittymorph or a joker/zombie or even making a
joker/kittymorph/zombie/midget.

I felt a shiver go up my spine just typing that.

...Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot?

Profile Email
Chimental
 Monday, July 27 2009 @ 09:43 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I think I just created a new game.
Oh well. When in Newhome...
My turn.
Midget/Crab/Robot/Banana

Anyone care to go next?

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
hajen
 Monday, July 27 2009 @ 11:44 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

oh yeah!

watcher/mod/joker

i ain't any of 'em so i'm really gonna hafta RP my ass off to do it Wink

yes i considered being an cave dweller, but i figured that bordered on heresy and did not want to be struck down.

"tis better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Tuesday, July 28 2009 @ 02:29 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

If kittymorph and zombie bonuses all cancel each other out, is this where human beings came from? Eek!

Profile Email
Tyson
 Tuesday, July 28 2009 @ 03:37 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Somewhat irrelevant, but i am role-playing as a Black Scottish Cyclops that like's BANG grenade.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, July 28 2009 @ 05:24 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

For S3 we'll likely re-do Races altogether, in a manner something like the Stamina system - so you could be 20% Joker, 60% KittyMorph, 20% Zombie and so on and so forth, likely with some races being mutually exclusive. A lot of things are going to change in S3, but I'm not gonna worry about that for a long time yet. We've got plenty to be getting on with in S2 for now. Smile

Profile Email Website
Nadyanilo
 Tuesday, July 28 2009 @ 06:23 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Oh my, a Season 3 is in mind already? Aren't we planning ahead! I'm glad to hear that ^.^[/b]

"Do you like Shiny things?"

Profile Email Website
Tyson
 Tuesday, July 28 2009 @ 03:38 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: CavemanJoe

For S3 we'll likely re-do Races altogether, in a manner something like the Stamina system - so you could be 20% Joker, 60% KittyMorph, 20% Zombie and so on and so forth, likely with some races being mutually exclusive. A lot of things are going to change in S3, but I'm not gonna worry about that for a long time yet. We've got plenty to be getting on with in S2 for now. Smile

Wait, so you could be a midget kittymorph? No matter how emasculating this would sound-

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwww."

Profile Email
Symar
 Tuesday, July 28 2009 @ 08:15 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Nadyanilo

Oh my, a Season 3 is in mind already? Aren't we planning ahead! I'm glad to hear that ^.^[/b]

Just like big budget MMO games!
They're in planning to change and upgrade things before said things have even made it out the door to the players yet.

It gets confusing sometimes, as a beta tester.

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Tuesday, September 01 2009 @ 05:39 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Tyson

This is been bugging me, but I can't think of ONE good reason I can't be a zombie kittymorph, or a Joker Gobot.
Is this ever benn considered/Planed to be a feature?

This topic has been troubling me ever since I read it, and my fears finally crystalized.

Wouldn't a Midget/Kittymorph crossbreed be an Ewok? I.e., cute and cuddly mean motherfuckers. Do you people realize the danger? Have you not heard of Ewok rape? IS THIS NOT ENOUGH TO SHOW THAT THE RACES MUST NOT INTERBREED?

EDIT: I just had an even worse thought. A Mutant crossed with a Kittymorph, and then hit in the head to many times (or fed a steady diet of paint chips) could produce . . . . Jar Jar Binks. This is too awful to contemplate, so I'll just end it here, other to remind you all of how many lives and formerly happy childhoods were ruined by The Phantom Menace.

Profile Email
XaNe
 Tuesday, September 01 2009 @ 07:19 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

oh dear god....I suddenly dread the RPing results of a system like you described CMJ...hmm...wait a moment...Mutant/Robot... Someone could become Marvin from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Great Xane, just what we needed, another reference Wink

Some people see the glass as half full, some people see it as half empty, I just spit in the cup until it isn't a problem anymore.

Profile Email
Duskrunner
 Tuesday, September 01 2009 @ 10:39 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

:attacks Xane's another Hitchhikers reference out of reflex:

I think a mutant zombie would have to be one of the most noisome things in the game....

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.47 seconds
New Topic Post Reply