Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Charm, Quest Status
 |  Printable Version
Aeridus
 Tuesday, August 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM UTC (Read 6687 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

Why can't I find out how much charm I have anywhere? And would it be possible to add something to the sidebar to check the current quest status/goal? It would be nice to get a reminder of exactly what I have to do without going all the way back to Dan.

Profile Email
Cath
 Tuesday, August 18 2009 @ 03:27 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

See this post regarding Charm: Here

As to the quest stuff, I think that's been mentioned... what you're looking for isn't actually important. The only thing that matters is the town you're looking to be in. I address this issue by starting the day in the city I'm supposed to be in, going to the other towns to get food and whatever, returning to the city, and fighting to the end of day there, and repeating. Unless I'm gone for several days, I don't tend to forget which town I should be in, although I regularly confuse P-ville with New Pittsburgh.

Profile Email
Aeridus
 Tuesday, August 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Ah, thanks. I do agree that it would be nice to be able to see that statistic on the player page, should I ever want to use the Gauntlet. But yes, I don't expect Charm to be listed on the right sidebar.

And I guess I just want to be reminded of what to be aware of, but the first time I got a quest item it was fairly obvious. The current quest leg involved killing off a creature, so I suppose I just have to pay close attention to the monster names, although I can't remember what the monster was called. Does it matter what kinds of fights are done (i.e. Easy vs Normal vs Suicidal)? Or is it completely random regardless of what fights you pick?

Profile Email
hajen
 Tuesday, August 18 2009 @ 04:11 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Aeridus

And I guess I just want to be reminded of what to be aware of, but the first time I got a quest item it was fairly obvious. The current quest leg involved killing off a creature, so I suppose I just have to pay close attention to the monster names, although I can't remember what the monster was called. Does it matter what kinds of fights are done (i.e. Easy vs Normal vs Suicidal)? Or is it completely random regardless of what fights you pick?

the only thing that matters when doing a quest is location, location, location (which is all Dan will remind you of).

the method descibed by Cath is excellent and the way i do it; when i feel the need to eat, i hike over to Pville or Kittytown (if in New Pitt, i just suck it up and enjoy the local 'brains and spam') and then trudge back to my quest town.

it doesn't matter if you are looking for an object or beastie; just talk to every old man you run into in the jungle and fight whatever level of creature you want (depending on what stamina you want to pay, and what kind of req/ XP ratio reward you want). if you speed though the options and suddenly find yourself needing to hit < b >ack to the jungle (or is it the pub or town), then you just missed the flavor text and have finished that segment of the quest.
and if you are paying attention, it will tell you this is a good time to go back to the pub.

"tis better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

Profile Email
Yrk
 Tuesday, August 18 2009 @ 05:40 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I partially second the recuest for a quest checker... i usually forget if i completed my quest or not, then i symbolically check my the PSK at the start of a new DK only to be rewarded by surprice.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Massic
 Tuesday, August 18 2009 @ 06:32 PM UTC  

My trick to remembering my quest city has been to just add it to my bio.

"Massic is currently hunting in _________"

Not particularly useful to those who hactually write longer bios but it's handy since it's recorded in game.

Aeridus
 Tuesday, August 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Thanks for all the tips! :-) It would be nice if CyberCity had anything to eat at all though, it's rather far from anywhere else. Razz

Profile Email
Akogi
 Tuesday, August 18 2009 @ 08:02 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

What I find whenever I have to CC404, I always bring along several ration packs since I don't know how long I'll be up there. Before and after heading to CC404 I head to Pville for a god bite to eat

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.62 seconds
New Topic Post Reply