Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Crate lists feedback: :-(
 |  Printable Version
monsterzero
 Saturday, November 07 2009 @ 05:10 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Are donations still dropping crates? I donated $20 more than an hour ago. The DP showed up right away, but I've spent a lot of time traveling around in obscure locations and not found a single crate. If 200 crates were dropped, shouldn't I be hitting one every five squares or so?

Profile Email
Symar
 Saturday, November 07 2009 @ 07:58 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I thought it was 1 per dollar. So 20 crates.

Profile Email
monsterzero
 Saturday, November 07 2009 @ 08:16 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Symar

I thought it was 1 per dollar. So 20 crates.

Nope.

From MoTD 2009-10-15:
Previously, we dropped twelve crates at the start of each new game day. Now, we drop ten crates for every dollar that anyone donates, at the time they make their donation - since we're getting more than a buck per game day in donations (woo!) this means that there are a lot more Crates to be found!

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Saturday, November 07 2009 @ 08:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

What's the latest on this? Did you reach crate nirvana, Mě? (btw, that's the second time I've called you Mě. I hope you don't mind. I think it looks rather bad ass.)

Profile Email
monsterzero
 Saturday, November 07 2009 @ 11:53 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Pinche+Cabron

What's the latest on this? Did you reach crate nirvana, Mě? (btw, that's the second time I've called you Mě. I hope you don't mind. I think it looks rather bad ass.)

I didn't find any crates and gave up after an hour and a half. A similar thing happened the day or so after the 10-15 announcement. I upgraded my pack and timed the drop for just before the New Day. My DP showed up immediately, I traveled all around the Island and got no crates at all for half an hour. Then I got four crates in a fairly short span of time, but at that point I was out of stamina and New Days. So maybe there was a delay and then other people got them? But the MoTD says "at the time you make your donation".

I did find a few crates today, but as far as I can tell, the drop last night never happened.

(Yeah, I prefer mě to m0 but there's actually a 0 on my keyboard so that's what I end up using.)

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Sunday, November 08 2009 @ 06:28 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: monsterzero

Quote by: Pinche+Cabron

I didn't find any crates and gave up after an hour and a half. A similar thing happened the day or so after the 10-15 announcement. I upgraded my pack and timed the drop for just before the New Day. My DP showed up immediately, I traveled all around the Island and got no crates at all for half an hour. Then I got four crates in a fairly short span of time, but at that point I was out of stamina and New Days. So maybe there was a delay and then other people got them? But the MoTD says "at the time you make your donation".

I did find a few crates today, but as far as I can tell, the drop last night never happened.

(Yeah, I prefer mě to m0 but there's actually a 0 on my keyboard so that's what I end up using.)

I've had similar experiences, but not with that large a donation to seed the field prior to crate hunting. I'm putting in 2 or three bucks at a time. Most of the time I'm getting between 6 and 10 crates (when filled up with a couple or three steaks), but a few times I've got zero or one crate.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.56 seconds
New Topic Post Reply