Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 How long do donations take?
 |  Printable Version
DrTardis
 Thursday, October 15 2009 @ 05:07 PM UTC (Read 2595 times)  
Forum Newbie

I'm curious how long it takes for a donation to show up on my account? I donated some $$ yesterday, but haven't seen that show up on my player account yet.

Is this a manual process that someone (Caveman Joe?) has to do, or should this happen automatically?

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, October 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

It should happen automatically, straight away if you paid with your PayPal balance or a card. If you paid from your bank account, it will take a few days.

See the latest MotD - this seems to be a PayPal problem this past week. Other LotGD site admins are reporting similar problems. Raise a Petition and I'll get the points added manually.

Profile Email Website
Zekiel
 Thursday, October 15 2009 @ 05:26 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

It used to happen automatically, but HostingForAQuid (the guys that used to take the donations) says they separated from Improbable Island.

I got concerned after not having my points added instantly to my account, while my previous 4 donations did get processed at the speed of light.

Sent them an e-mail, they said they forwarded to whomever currently administrated the whole shebang, but failed to mention who this is...

If the world didn't suck, we'd fall off.

Profile Email
DrTardis
 Thursday, October 15 2009 @ 05:27 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Caveman Joe: Coolness, thank you. Smile

Zekiel: so HostingForAQuid is no longer actually forwarding money to Improbable Island? The link in the game still sends my payment to HFAQ... eek!

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, October 15 2009 @ 05:30 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

That'd be me. I sold HostingForAQuid.co.uk, my hosting company, to spend more time on the Island. Dave, the guy who bought it, forwarded me that E-mail of yours (I added the points today, IIRC).

I have no bloody clue why PayPal still thinks I have anything to do with HFAQ anymore. However, I sorted that out a month ago and the problem only started this week - I doubt it has to do with that.

EDIT: PayPal won't let me change my business name. Frown

Honestly I think I need a new account anyway, seeing as I'm in the US now and it won't let me change my country... But for that I will need a bank account, and for that I will need a social security number. This could take a little while.

Profile Email Website
DrTardis
 Thursday, October 15 2009 @ 05:33 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Joe, is there an e-mail address we can use to simply manually send donations to you, or is the link still the best way to donate? I like the game, and I like to support things like this... but it worries me when I'm not sure you're actually getting the money.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, October 15 2009 @ 05:35 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Oh, I'm getting the money all right. Keep on using the link. It's just that PayPal, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to be sending the information back to the Island.

Profile Email Website
DrTardis
 Thursday, October 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Interestingly enough, the MOTD on my other favorite casual MMO (Star Pirates), says this:

"PayPal problems are now fixed".

So this wasn't isolated to just LOTD sites. Apparently, PayPal has either changed an API or just plain borked something internally.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.74 seconds
New Topic Post Reply